Beauty Clinique

MY PRODUCT EMPTIES #15

01:32Meg Riley

   My skincare routine has definitely improved since the beginning of my blogging days, but then again my skin has also become more problematic since I was 16 years old. It wasn't too long ago that I posted my updated winter skincare HERE on this blog, and since then I've used up the products that I was trying, and so I thought it was only right to report back to you with my honest thoughts on these new skincare pieces. 







L I Z   E A R L E   C L E A N S E   &   P O L I S H

   A few years ago I tried the magic that is the Cleanse & Polish, and fell in love with this facial cleanser from the get-go. In the past few months I've been using this in the evenings with a muslin cloth to remove any make up or dirt from the day. I find a hot cloth cleanser in the evening so relaxing, and now has become something that can bring me into a mindset ready for bed after a long day. As for the effect on my skin, with thorough use of this it definitely improves my skin's redness, and leaves my face feeling super soft. In the near future I'll be making sure to repurchase this as I think its slowly becoming a skincare staple again for me.

C L I N I Q U E   L I Q U I D   F A C I A L   S O A P

   Again, another cleanser but this time a simple, soap cleanser which I tended to use more in the mornings. I believe the simplicity of this product helped in restoring my skin, especially with spot and oil control. This range that I've been testing by Clinique is specifically for combination to oily skin, however there are other ranges whatever your skin type. Despite using this everyday, a little definitely went a long way, as I would only use a pea-sized amount which would easily be able to clean my whole face and neck as it lathers nicely.

C L I N I Q U E   C L A R I F Y I N G   L O T I O N

   Of course the next step after cleansing is to use a toner, and this one certainly left my skin feeling fresh and even more clean. I'd use a little on a cotton pad and sweep all over my face, but it does have quite a strong chemical scent which some may not be a fan of. In terms of effectiveness, I think that it did aid with the cleanser in clearing my skin, as well as helping tighten the pores on my nose which improved quite a bit. 

C L I N I Q U E   M O I S T U R I Z I N G   G E L

   And finally the last step in my skincare was to bring back the hydration that the cleanser and toner was stripping away. As someone with oily skin, I've been afraid in the past of moisturisers, but soon learned that it you stop using a moisturiser, your skin is only going to produce more oil as it thinks that it has to. A gel formulation like this one though is great for oily skin, as it's lightweight and soaks up quickly. As a range of products, I do believe that this routine has improved my skin, and in the few days I've had to stop, spots and redness have emerged again. The only problem for me is the high end price, as on my student budget, products like these only come around on birthdays or Christmas. But if I were to invest in just one of these products here, then the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish is a sure winner for me.

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow

CONTACT FORM