Beauty Benefit Cosmetics

I FANCIED TRYING FRECKLES

02:54Meg Riley

   Whenever a new beauty trend pick ups, I tend to try and avoid if it's something drastic like microblading or monobrows. But sometimes a trend comes around that intrigues me, and if I can try it out with products that I already have in my collection, then I don't see the harm? In the past few months I've been seeing more and more of the freckle trend on social media, using make up, stencils and even permanent and semi-permanent tattoos! Like most people, I too had freckles when I was younger, and still to this day have beauty spots on my face. However over the years some have sadly began to fade, in particular one on the side of my nose which I love. And so I thought it would be good to try out this freckle trend, and give my first impressions to those who may also be as intrigued as me. 


   Along with the freckles, I also wanted to create quite a simple, everyday look for the rest of my make up, and so I began with a fresh base of foundation, concealer and bronzer on the skin. For the freckles I then used a dark, warm toned, matte brown, from the Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics palette. To create very small specks I then used a Zoeva Spot Liner brush and some Urban Decay De-slick Setting Spray to deepen the pigment of the eye shadow. The technique I then went with was simply dotting the product around my nose and up slightly, then across the tops of my cheeks and out towards my cheek bones. For the freckles to seem more natural I then used a damp Real Techniques Complexion Sponge across the freckles, and finally went over with a translucent powder to blend and set. I repeated the technique 2-3 times until I was happy with the desired effect, as sometimes the blending meant some freckles were lost. To complete this look, I then created a natural, golden eye and a 90s nude lip - As I didn't want the rest of the make up to overpower the simplicity of the freckles.





   In the end, I was pretty pleased with my first attempt at the trend. I think that I could have even darkened the odd freckle a little more, but the faded effect works just as good too. As a trend I can understand the hype around it, as freckles are super pretty and I love the appearance of natural skin. However as an everyday routine I probably wouldn't do this all the time, purely because of time and plus I happen to like my beauty spots that I already have. Although, one thing I may take from this is darkening my faded beauty spots like the one on my nose, as I think it brings the skin back to life a little.

Have you tried the freckle trend? Let me know below!




B E N E F I T   P O R E F E S S I O N A L

B O U R J O I S   H E A L T H Y   M I X   S E R U M (51 LIGHT VANILLA)

N A R S   R A D I A N T   C R E A M Y   C O N C E A L E R (CHANTILLY)

T H E   B O D Y   S H O P   H O N E Y   B R O N Z E R (01)

N A R S   A U D A C I O U S   L I P S T I C K (BARBARA)

N Y X   L I N G E R I E   L I Q U I D   L I P (03 LACE DETAIL)

U R B A N   D E C A Y   N A K E D   U  L T I M A T E   B A S I C S (COMMANDO)



Z O E V A   3 1 0   S P O T   L I N E R

U R B A N   D E C A Y  U L T I M A T E   B A S I C S (LETHAL)

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow

CONTACT FORM