Baking

BROWN SUGAR COOKIES

04:49Meg Riley

   A bit of spontaneous afternoon baking has worked out well for a new blog post, and with this recipe I've taken a previous cookie recipe HERE, and adapted it to what I had already in the cupboards. While I was off for Easter baking was my go-to pastime, as usually that's how I love to unwind and de-stress most of the time - Although it doesn't help my diet plan, I'm sure that my younger brother was appreciative of it when he came home from school. With this particular cookie recipe, you can't go wrong with the crispy edges but chewy centre, plus with the added dark muscovado sugar it has a subtle molasses taste to it; which does remind me of all-things Christmas and gingerbread related. In addition to the cookie dough I also added some chocolate chips, however you could add a half teaspoon of cinnamon, or handful of raisins to create an amazing Christmas-inspired cookie too.





INGREDIENTS:

250g Plain Flour
170g Unsalted Butter (Melted)
200g Dark Brown Sugar
100g Caster Sugar
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 Egg
1 Egg Yolk
Any chocolate of your choice!


METHOD:

1. Preheat your oven to 170°c (Gas Mark 3) and line your baking trays with parchment paper.

2. In a bowl you'll then want to cream together both brown and caster sugars, with the melted butter till smooth. I then beat together the egg and egg yolk with the vanilla extract in a mug, and mixed this with the butter and sugars.

4. After this add the flour a little at a time, as I found that in my Kitchen Aid the dry ingredients tend to fly everywhere if added all at once. Here you should find your cookie dough coming together, where you can then add your desired chocolate, raisins, spices ect.

5. Onto the prepared trays, you'll then want to place a heaped tablespoon of mixture on to the sheets, and bake in the oven for 10-15 mins. Once out of the oven, I then left to cool for a little while before transferring them to a cooling rack. As for the rest of the cookie dough, I kept this in the fridge to eat on it's own as an extra little treat. Enjoy!

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. These look A M A Z I N G! Will definitely have to give them ago!

    Love, Beth x
    http://bethlaurenlee.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, let me know how you get on!

      Delete

Follow

CONTACT FORM