Life

NETFLIX PICKS: APRIL 2017

06:24Meg Riley

   With my four week break from school at the moment, I've finally got the perfect time to catch up on all of the TV and films that I've not had time to watch over the last few weeks. As always, whenever Netflix adds anything new, my to-watch list becomes ever-growing and right now it's got the point were I may need to take a gap year just to catch up. As school breaks up and we can all (hopefully) have a little Easter break, I thought that I would share with you some of my top picks to keep an eye out for - Whatever mood you're in, I think I've got you covered with these choices...

W H A T   T O   E X P E C T   W H E N   Y O U ' R E   E X P E C T I N G

   Starting you off with a good comedy, this is a total, classic feel-good film for me. Some people love them, some hate them, but this film is a multi-story flick meaning a ton of well-known faces come together to tell different stories (Just think, Valentine's Day or New Year's Eve) Of course the title speaks for itself, but essentially this film follows multiple stories of parenthood, and the ups and downs of having children. In the past I've had both tears of sadness and happiness with this film, as the stories themselves are quite diverse, and don't strictly follow several different couples through 9 months of pregnancy.



P E A K Y   B L I N D E R S

   This is hands down one of my favourite TV shows from 2016, and continues to be as they're filming a new series 4 as we speak! I've even said to my friends and family that if I was to be offered a role in this show I would snatch it up without hesitation. Set in post-war Birmingham, the show follows a family called the Shelby's and their gangster ways, as they encounter problems with the police, money, love and family itself. This is honestly a great piece of British drama, and is something that genuinely makes me excited to become an actor myself, as not only the actors, but the visual craft behind the set, costume, cinematography, is all brilliant.



A V E N G E R S  :  A G E   O F   U L T R O N

   A little, unknown fact about me is that I'm a huge Marvel nerd. It's only been in recent years that I've been hooked onto the films, but I've soon become a big fan of the franchise, and in particular the Avengers as it's basically all of my favourites in one film. Some will probably say that this super hero genre has been milked slightly (which yes, perhaps, but I'm completely ok with that) and unless you've seen the previous Avengers film, you may be a little lost when watching Age of Ultron. If you do have the time though, and love anything sci-fi / action / adventure-esque, then definitely give these films a try - You've got a while until the next film is released anyway...



M E   B E F O R E   Y O U

   Taking a turn for the classic rom-com now, I must say that I was a little biased even before watching this film in the first place, as I'm a massive fan of Emilia Clarke and Sam Claflin anyways. This story follows a caregiver as she enters her new profession, and how a relationship is formed between the two characters Lou and Will. The plot also follows quite an important story of assisted suicide, which is always a topic that's been controversial, but highlights both perspectives rather lovingly.



I N S U R G E N T

   I've actually watched this twice in the past two weeks, and I've introduced my mum to the franchise since she loves anything sci-fi. One of the reasons I love these films, as I did with The Hunger Games, is for its badass female lead. Insurgent follows from the previous Divergent film, and how the characters are living once they've escaped from the futuristic city of Chicago - Where the population has been divided into factions after a devastating war, in order to keep the peace. I'd definitely recommend these films if you're a fan of The Hunger Games or anything sci-fi related, as even my mum if a fan, so they're certainly not just for a teen audience.



♡♡♡ 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow

CONTACT FORM