Baking

QUICK & EASY FLAPJACKS

14:54Meg Riley

   Baking doesn't have to be as hard as you think, sometimes a simple batch of flapjacks can bring the house down, and these are super quick and easy to follow. I'd decided to bake these after realising we had way too many oats that just weren't getting eaten, but I knew a way they would. That's when I came across this recipe using Lyle's Golden Syrup, and since I'd just bought some to make some biscuits, I thought what better way to use up the rest! These flapjacks were best when still slightly warm, but when cooled they hold together much better. My Nan even came round and tested them, claiming that they were delicious, which was all the validation I needed. For some extra toppings I also included some whole almonds, but feel free to add dried fruit and other nuts, or simply go plain which is just as good! For the full recipe see below:



I N G R E D I E N T S

295g Unsalted Butter

250g Lyle's Golden Syrup

500g Rolled Porridge Oats

Pinch of Salt

Any toppings you like (Nuts, Dried Fruit, Seeds ect.)


M E T H O D:

   Preheat your oven to 180°C / 160°C Fan / 350°F / Gas 4 and line a shallow tin (20cm / 8") with baking parchment. Then in a large non-stick saucepan, combine the butter and golden syrup on a low heat until melted, and remove from the heat. Add in your oats, salt and any other additions, and spoon the mixture into your lined tin. You'll want to level out the mixture and press it firmly to smooth. After that I added some almonds on top instead of in the mixture, as my younger brother doesn't like nuts, but of course feel free to add what you like! Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Once out of the oven, leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes and then cut into slices whilst still warm. Then remove from the tin and cool for a further 15 minutes.

And enjoy...

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow

CONTACT FORM