Beauty Hourglass

NEW YEAR NEW MAKE UP

03:25Meg Riley

   New Year, new make up right? I thought that's how it goes. For Christmas I was lucky enough to get some new beauty bits to add to my collection, and incorporating new make up into my routine is probably one of my favourite things to do! And these make up products have been a firm favourite in my daily routine for the past few weeks, which is why I felt happy enough to give you an honest opinion on them - As in 2016, these items made a big impact in the beauty world. 

   The only item that I already knew was a hit for me is NARS' Radiant Creamy Concealer, which you can see a full review on HERE. This concealer is very much high coverage and long wearing, and even for a fair-skinned girl like me, the lightest shade Chantilly really brightens my under eyes. It may be a little on the pricey side for some, but if you're going to invest in your make up, then I would definitely recommend this product! Likewise for your skin, the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder was something that I'd heard of throughout 2016. Essentially I've been using this as a light setting powder once I've applied my foundation and concealer. However unlike a classic setting powder, this adds a luminous glow to the skin, for a youthful, fresh look. I will admit that is also adds a slight bronzed colour to the skin, so perhaps you need to be light-handed if you're pale. But for tanned skin then this looks incredible, and I can't wait to use this on holiday for a natural glow.

   Another recent hit for beauty in 2016, was when Urban Decay released their ever-anticipated Naked Ultimate Basics palette. I've previously used their Naked Basics palette for years, and so when I saw this I couldn't wait to try it out. All of the shades are matte, but can also be used for my brows and probably contour if you used a fan brush. There's also a good mix of warm and cool toned shades, meaning looks can be created for different skin tones. So far my favourites have been Extra Bitten for my green eyes, as well as Lockout for my brows. From the drugstore, NYX have been killing it for me, and their Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in Lace Detail has been my everyday lip colour for a few weeks now. It's a super subtle pink, nude shade, and lasts throughout the day too. I will say that when my lips were chapped, it made it slightly more prominent, but with a good lip scrub then everything was fine. 

   Finally, the pièce de résistance is the Zoeva Rose Gold Complete Set Vol. 1 which I was in awe of when I got. Of course Zoeva have been a big brand in 2016, and with many agreeing that these were some of the best brushes around, I wanted to check out the hype. The look of these brushes are quite beautiful to say the least, and are super soft when applying make up, leaving a brilliant finish. The only downside is the price, as they aren't the cheapest around, and so other brands like NYX and even the new Body Shop brush range could be a more suitable alternative to those looking.








I T E M S   S E E N






♡♡♡ 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow

CONTACT FORM