Beauty Clinique

WINTER SKINCARE 2016

02:25Meg Riley

   It's official. The John Lewis advert has been released, the nights have grown shorter and I'm gradually adding more layers to my outfits each day. This can only mean one thing, it's winter! And as it becomes colder, your skin can also alter with the weather, meaning an updated skincare routine is most likely needed, particularly when it comes to moisture. My skin type normally is oily / combination, so my skin doesn't get too dry during winter, although I still like to keep it hydrated. For my birthday I received quite a bit of new skincare to use, and since I don't wear make up anymore during the week, my skincare has become quite a crucial step in my morning routine. 







   In the evenings, after facing the day I like to use a hot cloth cleanser, and this Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish is an old favourite for me. I remember this being one of my first 'proper' skin cleansers, and so when I finally got my hands on another, I couldn't wait to try it again. It didn't disappoint either, as I find this to remove all of the nastiness from my skin whilst not stripping it of moisture from the cocoa butter. I like to think that this has also been an important factor in calming the redness on my skin with it's chamomile properties. Usually I'll use a flannel or muslin cloth to remove the cleanser, and the ones from Primark are definitely great value for money. 

   In the morning I'll change my cleanser to the Clinique Liquid Facial Soap for oily / combination skin. This gel cleanser lathers up nicely, and is gentle enough for the morning when my skin needs waking up a little (Along with slightly cold water to help with pores!) After cleansing, whether it be morning or evening, I'll then continue with the Clinique Clarifying Lotion 3 which helps to purify and freshen the skin, feeling slightly tighter too but nothing uncomfortable. Finally, despite having oily skin, a moisturiser is still key - Or else my skin would produce more oil as it thinks that the skin is lacking moisture. This Clinique Moisturizing Gel is great for me, as the gel consistency soaks up quickly meaning my skin isn't left with too much of a residue like some other, thicker moisturisers. 

   As a weekly treat for my skin I'll also try to use a face mask, and recently I've been grabbing my Body Shop Tea Tree Clay Mask more often. I'll usually cleanse, apply the mask and nip in the shower before washing it off, leaving my skin feeling fresher and smoother. Tea tree is obviously great for oil control, and the skin 'clearing' element is something that I've been trying to maintain with all of the products that I use.

   I've had this routine for a few weeks now, and so far the redness which I'd mentioned previously has cleared up nicely - Of course there is redness still there, but generally it has improved. It's also been a while since I've had a pimple (*touches wood*) and the balance of my skin is improving too, meaning that on the rare occasion that I do wear make up now, my skin feels ready and prepped. 

WHAT ARE YOUR SKINCARE SAVIOURS THIS WINTER?

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Amazing review on all of the products! My must have for the winter is anything moisturizing. My skin is so dry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you, my skin's in a similar state, any moisturising mask is key!

      Delete

Follow

CONTACT FORM