Beauty Empties

MY PRODUCT EMPTIES #12

09:20Meg Riley

   Sometimes when I do these empties post, I have to wait quite a while until I have a good amount of products to show you all, or else I feel like it's not worth it and maybe people might not be interested. But then again, I'm then left hoarding multiple empty bottles in my room, which my mum then thinks is rubbish, so I thought it would be best if I simply keep you updated with what I've used recently - Not matter how many, or how few products I have to show you. This time I have for you some products that have been staples in my shower and skincare routine, so these are definitely new and haven't been gathering dust whilst waiting for me to write this post.








EAU ROMA TONER WATER - LUSH

   I have rather mixed memories about buying this product, as I purchased this in the Lush store on Oxford Street in London (which FYI is probably one of the best stores I've ever been to, it's like Willy Wonka's factory for bath bombs) however it was also after I'd been rejected from a drama school audition, so I guess the shopping spree was in good reason. Anyway, I'd thought to try this out as I've loved the Tea Tree Water for years, and since it has lavender and rose water in this I thought it might be able to calm the redness on my cheeks. Since I was a first-time buyer of this I only bought the smallest bottle, which has actually lasted me since February so you definitely get the most for money with the spritz application. The smell is also fresh and only slightly floral, so it was bearable for me to use, and the results weren't dramatic but I could also tell that my skin was calming down quite well after using regularly over a period of time.

TEA TREE FOAMING CLEANSER - THE BODY SHOP

   Another product that I bought in hope of calming my skin's redness, this product from the Body Shop was actually a re-purchase as my younger brother began using this too. The foam consistency does feel quite drying, especially when paired with the tea tree element, so I would definitely recommend this for oily / combination skin like mine, as well as using a good moisturiser afterwards. I like to think that this has played a good part in calming my skin down too, as the redness has definitely improved, although it hasn't made a great difference for spots. In the mornings this is also great for waking up the skin, as it feels super fresh and tingly (in a nice way) and even works effectively at cleaning my make up brushes!

BRIGHTENING SILVER SHAMPOO - PROVOKE TOUCH OF SILVER

   As part of my shower routine I've been using a purple shampoo much more frequently since having my blonde hair re-done, and after trying many different ones, I've found this to be the most effective for an affordable price. I have a more in depth post on my haircare routine HERE, but all I'll say for now is that if your blonde is looking a little dull or yellow-toned, then wack this on, leave for 5 minutes and rinse. I found really great results using this 2-3 times a week, giving me a much cooler, ash blonde with tones of grey.

THE DAILY SOOTHE BATH FLOAT - SOAP&GLORY

   And here we have something of an oldie in my collection, which after far too long I've managed to finally use up. This product is essentially bubbles for your bath, but I guess could also be utilised as a shower gel too. Only a little is needed to get a load of foamy bubbles, and the scent is the original Soap&Glory Mist You Madly; which is also a fond favourite of mine from the brand. Whenever I smell this I instantly feel relaxed, as I have memories of taking quite a few baths during exam season, and this enabling me to unwind and de-stress.

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Great review, especially for "The Body Shop" product. I have a little bit of redness on my skin and it's great to discover something new to try out.

    ReplyDelete

Follow

CONTACT FORM