Beauty Benefit Cosmetics

MY PRODUCT EMPTIES #11

09:51Meg Riley

   Here we go again, some more empties for you! I don't know why, but whenever I finish one of these posts I feel a slight accomplishment has been made and I can try out new products - Sort of out with the old, in with the new. Recently I haven't been too adventurous with any new products, and have pretty much stuck with the same old routine because I've been forcing myself to finish products in my beauty collection that seem to be gathering dust. But soon enough I'll be needing a switch-up, so I can show you some newbies rather than the same old products you've probably seen way too many times on this blog. 






SCHWARZKOPF GOT2B VOLUMIZING HAIRSPRAY

   I'm pretty sure this hairspray has been featured in an empties post before, possibly even a monthly favourites. But I can definitely say that this is one of my favourite hairsprays, and will for sure be re-purchased some time in the future. It's a product that keeps it's promise and gives your hair amazing volume, even without backcombing your hair to an inch of it's life. My hair at the moment is very short, and so volume is needed most of the time to make it look thicker, so anything like this I love! The price is pretty cheap too as it's from the drugstore, but for me this seems like a professional product. I'll also mention the scent which is probably my favourite thing about this, as it has the smell of raspberry yogurt, or the raspberry body butter from The Body Shop if you've even smelt that! 

VO5 GIVE ME TEXTURE SPRAY

   Again, VO5 is a hair brand that I love just as much, and have used multiple products from them including hairsprays, heat protectant and finishing sprays like this. Now as well as volume with my short hair, I'm also partial to a bit of texture, as I love the whole messy locks thing when it comes to styling. With this I would curl or wave my hair with a styling tool, and then spray this through the ends of my hair to give it some texture and create more tousled waves - As opposed to sleek curls. Obviously this doesn't last as well on it's own, so I would suggest using a hairspray to follow up with, but as a texturising spray that doesn't break the bank, I'd definitely recommend trying this out for yourself.

THE BODY SHOP TEA TREE PORE MINIMISER

   Moving on from hair products, I've also finally managed to use up this mysterious product, which at first I had no idea how to use. For me I used this as a primer before applying make up, and after my skincare routine in the mornings. It says that it's purpose is to minimise pores (duh), smoothes, primes and instantly mattifies, and so for my oily / combination skin this was right up my street. I felt some similarities to the Porefessional from Benefit Cosmetics, as it has the same purpose, however this felt a lot more natural and less heavy on the skin, as the consistency is similar to a lotion that absorbs very fast. Because of the tea tree element I also wanted to see if this would clear up my skin and the blemishes I'd had on my cheeks. After a while of using, I have to say that I didn't notice a major difference in how my make up lasted, or whether it minimised my pores which gutted me a little. I will say though that my skin did feel refreshed when I applied this before make up, and it didn't really break me out any more than I usually do. Would I buy again? Probably not, but it does make your skin feel smooth and prepped for make up. 

BENEFIT COSMETICS GIMME BROW

   Speaking of make up, I've also managed to finish this brow gel which has been a make up staple of mine for months on end. Gimme Brow is essentially fiber gel that not only sets your brows but also adds some colour and volume if used the right way. When I first used it, I would simply wear this on it's own as a natural brow, and it would work amazingly. However now I like to fill in my brows with a little powder, and then use this over the top to set and create a thicker brow with more texture. The shade I have is Light / Medium which I think can be built and made to look darker than it actually is. But for blonde I found this shade works really well, as it's not warm toned in the slightest so it looks more natural. The applicator is also super easy (as someone who isn't the best at brows) as the small brush can be swept through without making a mess, fitting the shape of the brow perfectly. I've already bought another of these for myself, as well as my mum who's on to her second tube now. Benefit have also re-designed their packaging so it looks even more aesthetically pleasing in it's metallic casing, but the brush is also the same, which I was slightly panicking over when they first brought out the collection.

SOAP&GLORY HAND MAID CLEANSING GEL

   If you're like me and a little bit of a germophobe, then you'll be very familiar with this type of product. A cleansing gel is always handy to have in your bag when out and about, and a mini tube like this is also easy to keep. I think I must have just picked this up as part of a 3 for 2 at Boots, but it did the job well whilst also not smelling like you're typical antibacterial hand gel. The scent is fresh, fruity and floral, and follows the same scent as Soap&Glory's Clean On Me / Original Pink range if you're familiar with the brand. Overall a great little product, but then again there's always cleansing gels like this around so I don't whether I would re-purchase for that reason.

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Great post! The info on The Body Shop product was very helpful :)

    ReplyDelete

Follow

CONTACT FORM