Baking

CHEWY OREO COOKIES

07:11Meg Riley

   Possibly the best types of cookies you can make are the ones that are crispy on the outside but still chewy on the inside, and I've now realised the difference in terms of method with these cookies compared to my classic choc chip cookies HERE. Below you can see how I achieved these Millie's style of cookies, and I must say they went down an absolute treat since Oreo's are also something of a family fave in our house. 


INGREDIENTS:

250g Plain Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Baking Powder
Pinch of Salt
170g Unsalted Butter (Melted)
200g Light Brown Sugar
100g Caster Sugar
1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
1 Egg
1 Egg Yolk
Any chocolate of your choice!


METHOD:

1. Preheat your oven to 170°c (Gas Mark 3) and line your baking trays with parchment paper, or I have these silicone baking sheets which didn't work that well to be honest, but for the sake of this recipe I used them anyway.

2. In a bowl sift together the flour, baking powder and salt to then set aside for later on.

3. In another bowl you'll then want to cream together both brown and caster sugars, with the melted butter till smooth. I then beat together the egg and egg yolk with the vanilla extract in a mug, and mixed this with the butter and sugars.

4. After this add the dry ingredients a little at a time, as I found that in my Kitchen Aid the dry ingredients tend to fly everywhere if added all at once. Here you should find your cookie dough coming together, where you can then add your desired chocolate, or in this case Cadbury's Dairy Milk with Oreo.

5. Onto the prepared trays, you'll then want to place a heaped tablespoon of mixture on to the sheets, and bake in the oven for 10-15 mins. Once out of the oven, I then left to cool for a little while before transferring them to a cooling rack. As for the rest of the cookie dough, I kept this in the fridge to eat on it's own as an extra little treat. Enjoy!








♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow

CONTACT FORM