Beauty Charlotte Tilbury

CHARLOTTE TILBURY MAGIC FOUNDATION

10:24Unknown

   Your girl is finally getting round to it, a full review on the Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation! If you've been around in the world of beauty blogging and YouTube, then you'll know that this foundation had it's debut back in 2015 when everybody and their neighbours' cat seemed to have tried this product. I finally got to try it after lovingly receiving this at Christmas time in 2015. I'd been contemplating whether or not it would be worth it's hype, and I must say when I first began wearing this I was slightly on the fence for a good few months.

   In terms of pros, the colour range is amazing, and for a porcelain doll like me I went for No.1 Fair after I'd researched swatches on other blogs as well as using Charlotte Tilbury's colour match on her website. The shade No.1 is a yellow-toned foundation so it counteracts the redness on my cheeks very well, and the extra SPF 15 also reassures me and my skin. The packaging is also a pro for me, as the glass bottle feels very luxurious and worth the money, and of course the super pretty rose gold cap looks very blogger-worthy on my desk. With the bottle there is also a pump, so there's no need for faffing around with getting the foundation out or having to buy a separate pump either. Tilbury herself claims this to be 'Flawless, Poreless and Long-lasting Coverage,' which I'll agree to. The thick formula allows you to achieve a medium to full coverage, but it doesn't feel heavy on the skin which I like, as I'm not used to a full-duty foundation myself.

   As for the cons to this product, if you're on a student budget then the price point isn't to everyone's taste, as this is definitely a high-end product and you're paying for a high-end brand (RRP £29.50). Therefore because of this I probably wouldn't repurchase unless I did have the cash to flash (a girl can dream, right?) I must also say that in the first few times of using this product, when I applied this to my nose it became patchy quite quickly as it's so thick, so I tended to just use a concealer on my nose, and focus foundation purely on my chin, cheeks and forehead. I don't understand why it did this, as it is meant to suit all skin-types and my nose can become quite oily, but for most people online they don't seem to have a problem with this. Another problem I faced was the foundation sitting in some of the laughter lines around my mouth, which didn't look too great, but could be blended out again if needed.





   I thought I would also show you my application process of this product, starting with my bare skin below. As you can see I have some slight redness on my cheeks, a few spots around my chin and blackheads on my nose. I then usually use about a pump (and maybe an extra half-pump for the tops of my cheeks if I want perfected skin) and dot this around my face before blending. The tool I found best to use was my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, not only to build the coverage further but also really blend this into my skin to make it seem as natural as possible. 




   Ok, so below is the image after only 1 coat of this foundation, and it's clear that some of my spots have been covered as well as some of the redness. However I then went in with another layer to show you how it can be built in coverage too. In terms of finish, it's definitely satin which means there's enough dewyness but also a matte element which means it can be suited to oily skin as well. Compared to drugstore foundation, I did feel some similarities to Revlon's Colorstay foundation for Oily/Combination skin, as it has the same coverage and consistency, but I must admit probably will last you a little longer. 













♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow

CONTACT FORM