Beauty Empties

MY PRODUCT EMPTIES #9 - SKINCARE

10:38Unknown

   Over the past few months I've been attempting to stray away from the go-to products I used last year in my skincare routine, and changing up some products that I can hopefully share with you soon. My skincare routine has changed quite a bit, learning more about my skin-type and what I should / shouldn't be using in my routine. At the moment my routine is a little mish-mashy with no regular, set products, however I have realised that a few have stood the test of time. That's why I thought I would focus this empties post on skincare alone, and share with you some of my recently used-up items...






GARNIER MICELLAR WATER 
   Starting off with a skincare staple for me, as these aren't the only bottles of micellar water that I've used up, in fact I'm pretty sure that I've mentioned this product multiple times on this blog. If you're new to the hype, then basically this is a make up remover / toner that you can apply to cotton pads and remove any trace of make up. The pink bottle is the original micellar water, however there is also the green version for sensitive and combination skin, and also a new Pure Active version in blue; which may be more suited to my oily skin. I find that a bottle of this lasts me quite a long time, we're probably talking well over a month, and you get much more product for your money compared to others on the market. I've even recommended this to my mum and nan, and they're loving it just as much as me.

THE BODY SHOP TEA TREE FOAMING CLEANSER
   At the beginning of the year I also started to use this foam cleanser in between the days I would use my Origins Ginzing scrub, to give my skin a little breather. The foam consistency is lovely in my opinion as it feels soft on the skin, yet leaves it feeling super clean too. The tea tree is obviously good for my oily skin, and I do feel and see a difference when I use this in the morning with cold water. Since it's tea tree you can also feel a slight tingly feeling on the skin, but that only makes me feel like it is actually working, and because it's from the Body Shop I know that it's going to be alright for my sensitive skin. As for the 'skin clearing' element, I haven't noticed a huge difference, but I think that may have something to do with other factors like my make up (but that's for another day!)

ORIGINS MODERN FRICTION
   As for this little mini from Origins, I've been leaving this in the shower to use when I can, but I didn't find myself reaching for it that often simply because it's quite a thick scrub that you would only need to use once a week, if that. The exfoliant used does feel quite harsh on the skin which is why I tended to gently massage the product, but the creamy formula did make up for that. As for the the scent, I'd say it's a simple, fresh, slightly herb-y smell that's different to what I normally use. Would I buy the full size? Perhaps not. That's because I prefer the Ginzing cleanser instead as it doesn't feel as harsh on my skin.

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I didn't even know they had a green version of the micellar water!! I definitely will be trying that one out next time!

    Love,
    http://dilarabosak.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, if you have sensitive or combination skin it might be a little better for you!

      Delete

Follow

CONTACT FORM