Baking

BLUEBERRY BREAKFAST MUFFINS

12:51Unknown

   Well I'm back with another baking post, and this week I thought I would share with you another classic recipe, the blueberry muffin. Yet again I'm using my trusty Baking Bible from Mary Berry (honestly such a great birthday present) and for this recipe there isn't much sugar used, and so they're perfect as a breakfast muffin heated up or simply with a good cup of tea. I'll warn you they aren't a typical cake-like muffin from Costa either, and have a slightly spongy texture instead, but still just as yummy in my opinion.


INGREDIENTS:

250g (9oz) Self-raising Flour
1 Level Teaspoon Baking Powder
50g (2oz) Softened Butter
75g (3oz) Caster Sugar
175g (6oz) Blueberries
Grated Rind of 1 Lemon
2 Large Eggs
250ml (9 fl oz) Milk



WHAT TO DO:

1. Begin by pre-heating your oven to 200°c / Fan 180°c / Gas 6, and placing muffin cases into a deep muffin tin.

2. With the measured ingredients you'll then want to mix the flour and baking powder into a large bowl, and then rubbing in the butter with your fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs (but my mixer did this just as good too!)

3. After that stir in the caster sugar and lemon rind. Then grab a separate cup and beat both eggs in with the milk, and pouring this into the dry mixture all at once, mixing this quickly to blend well. 

4. Here I then added the blueberries, finishing the mixture which at this point may have a slightly lumpy consistency, which is all well and good, but I like to make sure it's as smooth as possible. 

5. All that needs to be done then is spooning the mixture into your muffin cases, filling almost to the top, and baking for 20-25 mins - Although I actually left mine in my fan oven for 22 mins until they were well-risen and golden.  Of course once baked you'll need to leave the muffins to cool for a few minutes, and then you can serve them warm if you wish or leave to cool completely.







   Well I hope that you guys can try these and let me know what you think! I think they're a great little treat at breakfast time, as I've enjoyed these with some brunch the next day. I also think traditional muffins like these just look very homely and inviting, plus they'll most likely last since they're not drying like a normal sweet muffin, especially if kept in an air-tight tin.

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow

CONTACT FORM