Beauty Review

URBAN DECAY NAKED SKIN FOUNDATION

09:54Unknown

   I've been meaning to write a full review on this foundation for a while now, since I've featured it in monthly favourites before and many tutorials on this blog. A lot of my face products that I go for are more high-end brands since I know that it's quality and will last me through months before I need to buy another bottle. With the Naked Skin Foundation from Urban Decay, after buying my first bottle it probably ended up lasting me just over 6 months, although it would have made it through longer if it hadn't been for me spilling some of it over my laptop, t'was a sad day. I think I was more gutted because I knew how much it cost, that being £27, which has been the most I've ever spent on a foundation. It's for that reason that I probably wouldn't re-purchase this product, simply because I know that there's other, cheaper foundations that work just as well. However I will admit that the feel of this foundation is the best I've tried, as it's so natural and weightless, and gives a light coverage which can definitely be built up easily and without looking heavy. As for the longevity, with a good powder it did last a fair few hours, although I did find myself having an oily t-zone as the finish itself is demi-matte with a dewy freshness about it. 

   Now, of course being a milkbottle the most difficult thing for me with foundations is the colour match, and I tend to stay away from make up counters matching me now, ever since my experience at MAC left me with a shade way too dark for me. That's why when I went to the Urban Decay counter at my local Debenhams, I automatically went for their lightest shade in '0.5.' A lovely lady then appeared and suggested that I try the shade out, and after applying some she suggested trying half a shade darker as I could get away with it. I must admit I was slightly against the idea, but after seeing both tested against one another, she was right. And so the shade I have here is '1.0,' and each shade continues in half shades with a really good range of colours for different skin tones. I also liked how the shade I had here was quite yellow-toned which helped counteract the redness on my cheeks. Overall, if you're willing to spend a little more on a light foundation then definitely give this a go, and for a natural yet flawless finish then head to your nearest Urban Decay counter for a tester. 







♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Love your post on this and I like how they do 0.5 shades, i'm also a fellow milkbottle so this would work well for me.

    gillmclaughlin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gill, I loved the ordering of their shade range too!

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  2. Love the fact they do 0.5 shades, it's on my list of products to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah give it a go for sure, or even ask for a sample of it before you purchase the full bottle!

      Meg ♡

      Delete

Follow

CONTACT FORM