Beauty Review

REVIEW: YSL TOUCHE ÉCLAT

03:07Unknown

   As a product, the Touche Éclat is probably one of YSL's best-loved and best-selling products. I got my first one for Christmas in 2014 (I think) and when I first got this I had the automatic idea that most people do when they see this, in thinking that it's purely a concealer - When actually it's more of a highlighting concealer. At first I watched videos and read blog posts on how to use this, as it's such a beautiful product and I wanted to make sure that I was getting the best results with my make up from it. I'll leave the videos that helped me below, but generally I tended to use this on the points of your face that you want to highlight, including: under-eyes, around my nose, cheekbones, brow bone, and laughter lines around your mouth if you like. As a little extra tip, you can also apply a little to the centre of the lip to highlight, and then simply use some lip balm like Vaseline as a quick and easy lip colour. 

   Personally I did find that it gave me some coverage, but only a very light one, as it mostly brightened those areas to give me a youthful, fresh look. To use the pen device, you simple have to click the end once or twice; which at first confused me as it seemed to take forever to work, but after a lot of clicking, the product was finally dispensed through the brush at the end. Once applied I then used a make up brush or cosmetics sponge, but even your fingers works just as well with this. As for the packaging, the gold, metal exterior makes the product look even more luxurious, and feels as if you've spent a lot of money on it. I also think it suits the classic, high-end brand of YSL and the whole Touche Éclat range, and it definitely stood pretty on my dresser. As for the shade range of the product, they do have quite a few to choose from depending on your skin undertone and complexion. Since I have very fair skin, I stuck to the original shade '1 Luminous Radiance,' however if you're different to me, then here's the rundown for the other shades:

1 Luminous Radiance: The original highlighter for fair / light complexions with pink undertones.

1.5 Radiant Silk: For light / medium complexions with yellow / golden undertones.

2 Luminous Ivory: For fair / light complexions with golden undertones. 

2.5 Luminous Vanilla: For fair / light complexions with warm undertones.

3 Light Peach: For warm / golden-beige complexions.

3.5 Luminous Almond: For medium complexions with warm undertones.

4.5 Luminous Sand: For medium complexions with pink undertones.

5 Luminous Honey: For medium complexions with olive / golden undertones.

5.5 Luminous Praline: For medium complexions with golden undertones.

6 Luminous Amber: For deep complexions with red undertones.

6.5 Luminous Toffee: For deep complexions with neutral undertones.

7 Luminous Mocha: For dark complexions.

   As you can see it can get quite confusing, especially if you're new to make up, so I would suggest going to your nearest YSL counter and getting a professional's opinion if you're considering purchasing this - Or thoroughly research online with Google Images or reviews with the shade you might be. You can find out your skin undertone online as well if you're not so sure, as it still confuses me to be quite honest.

   Overall, for the price of £25 (Debenhams.com) I would only suggest this product if you really can afford it, and prefer that dewy, fresh glow with your make up. Despite the price it is quite a good investment, as mine has lasted well over a year, but perhaps isn't for those looking for coverage as well as a highlighter - And so perhaps consider some drugstore alternatives that will provide more coverage, such as the ones from L'Oreal or Maybelline in particular. As I said I'll leave the video below on how to use this product, and I hope this little review has helped those who are considering joining the Touche Éclat bandwagon, because I'm certainly on board.






HOW TO USE:


♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow

CONTACT FORM