Beauty MAC

MONTHLY FAVOURITES ∙ OCTOBER 2015

08:38Unknown

   It's slightly freaking me out that I'm in the October half-term now, but hey ho, October has been an interesting month to be quite honest. A lot of things have happened, some exciting and some rather embarrassing moments, but overall it's been a fun month and I've loved quite a few things in the meantime. 



MAC PALETTE // EYE SHADOWS £10 EACH DEBENHAMS

   Ok so I know I probably shouldn't have wasted my birthday money so quickly, but I really wanted to fill up my little MAC quad that I got last Christmas, and I think my palette now looks very autumnal and I can create different looks with the shades I've chosen. However my go-to look for this month has been 'All That Glitters' all over the lid with 'Swiss Chocolate' in the crease and on my lower lash line. This natural, everyday look is surprisingly quick to do in the mornings, and as someone who can't be bothered with eye make up, using this has definitely converted me. 

RASPBERRY BODY BUTTER // £13 THE BODY SHOP

   In the past two months I've also re-kindled my love for this body butter from the Body Shop, as now the colder weather has started to set in, and I've been needing a thicker moisturiser for my legs and arms in particular. The scent of this is just like a raspberry yoghurt, so it's quite fruity but leaves an amazing scent on your skin and in your room after applying. My mum also complements me on the scent even after hours of applying it, so you know it must be good stuff. The Body Shop also have a variety of scents for everyone's preferences, so definitely check out their thicker body butters if you fancy pampering your skin. For some other scents I reviewed a while back, just click the link HERE.

SCHWARZKOPF GOT2B VOLUMIZING HAIRSPRAY // £2.01 SUPERDRUG

   Following with the raspberry yoghurt scent, this hairspray has been my ultimate fave as it smells exactly the same. The spray itself is very fine so it doesn't feel too heavy on my fine hair, and since I've had it cut shorter, I've been wanting more volume and texture which this gives. I'll usually spray this in my roots after teasing with a backcomb brush, as well as all over my hair and jujjing away to give that edgy, choppy, textured look. 

FEDORA HAT // £7 PRIMARK

   As for my fashion staple for this month, I have to give props to my Fedora hat, as I find this can make the simplest of outfits look so much more 'put together' or dressed up. Whether it's during the day or for in the evening, I think a fedora is a great wardrobe staple as it complements pretty much anything in my wardrobe, and has suited both my longer and shorter hair. I myself am definitely a hat person, but if you're not then try a cheaper version like mine from Primark, so you're not wasting too much money. Plus, mine is slightly smaller than standard Fedoras so it's not too bold, and you can also easily fold it up into your bag, as it's felt and won't crease.

SWEET POTATO SALAD //

   A little different to my typical beauty and fashion items, but I can't deny that sweet potato has been a definite fave of mine this October. I'll usually have this for lunch by roasting it for about 30 mins in vegetable oil and garlic and herbs, and serving it with salad leaves, avocado and mayonnaise - Yum! My mum also makes the best sweet potato chips with smoked paprika, so I might share a few recipes on this blog if you're interested?

MY FAVE TV SHOWS // 

   And finally the month of October has meant that all of my favourite TV shows are back on! I remember putting a reminder in my phone for this back in summer, and now it's here I can enjoy all of my shows like The Vampire Diaries, The Originals, American Horror Story, The Walking Dead and Made In Chelsea. And since Netflix took away my all-time favourite show, The U.S. Office (I'm still mourning) I guess I'll have these shows to keep me entertained over Christmas instead.

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow

CONTACT FORM