Beauty GOSH

TIPS AND TRICKS FOR BOLD LIPS

09:37Unknown

   In a recent blog post HERE, I focused on a few bold lipsticks that I loved to wear on those days when my make up is pretty basic, but I still want to make it look like I've put in some effort. And so as a follow-up post to that, I thought I would share 5 really simple tips and tricks that I like to do when wearing a bold lip.



1. LIP LINER

   Finding a colour matching lip liner to your lipstick is great if you're wanting to make your lipstick last that little bit longer. You don't even have to spend a lot either, as brands like Rimmel London, Essence and Gosh do some amazing lip liners for only a few pounds. When applying, you can either line your lips as the product would suggest, or fill in the whole of your lips with it for a smoother lipstick application and finish - Or better yet wear a lip liner on its own!

2. LIP BRUSHES

   If you're struggling to find a decent lip liner, or you just don't want to spend money on another lip product, you can simply grab a small brush (that doesn't even have to be made for the lips) and swipe some of the lipstick on to the brush. With that you can then carefully edge around your lip as a guideline for applying the lipstick bullet after. Or, if you have the time, you can apply lipstick entirely with a brush for a much more precise finish, but only if that's easier for you. 

3. BLOTTING

   So probably the oldest trick in the book with lipstick, sometimes forgotten about nowadays, but still blotting is great for making your bold lip last longer. By using some folded tissue and pressing gently on the lips, this removes excess product / the wax in the product, leaving the colour pigment itself. Particularly for a bold lip, this can be helpful if it's not a matte finish and so you don't end up with the lipstick transferring on to your teeth (and for me my chin for some reason, anyone else?)

4. APPLICATION

   When applying the lipstick itself from the bullet, I like to use the top edge of the lipstick around my lips as a kind of lip liner as well, as I've found this creates a smooth, solid liner that I can then fill in. I know this might be really simple, but I thought I would share this application method with you in case you struggle with bright colours.

5. LIP SCRUBS

   As for lip care, lip scrubs are great before applying any lipstick really, but particularly lipsticks that are matte can make a real difference and prevent the product from clinging to dry skin. I love the lip scrubs from Lush, especially Mint Julips, but I have a whole other post of those HERE if you're interested!

If you have any other tips and tricks for others then feel free to leave them below! Much love guys.

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Great tips !
    Xoxo

    http://atwednesdaysiwearpink.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to start blotting AND using lip scrubs - two things I always forget to do!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ikr blotting seems like such a simple tip, but it's so effective!

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  3. I think the Instagram link from the icon (below your photo) is wrong... like typing error.
    PD: I loved the post! so helpful...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah it is, thank you for letting me know :) And I'm glad you enjoyed it!

      Meg ♡

      Delete

Follow

CONTACT FORM