Barry M Beauty

THINK PINK // MAKE UP TUTORIAL

09:03Unknown

   Like many others, I too have those beauty products that I buy for a purpose, then end up using just the once never to be seen again. For me, I bought a bright pink eye liner during my dancing days for a show, but then never seemed use for it again - That was until scrolling through Pinterest. I got my inspo for this dramatic cat eye from the Dior 2012 Haute Couture show, as I loved the contrast between colours, and the monochrome style with a pop of colour. Here I basically focused on the eyes since I'd never tried anything like this before, so I kept the base and lips very simple and natural. Obviously I don't think I could pull this off as an everyday look, but maybe for a themed party or toned-down for a night out, this would look amazing. 


Start with a simple base:

Tea Tree Pore Minimiser - The Body Shop
Boi-ing Concealer (01) - Benefit Cosmetics
Naked Skin Foundation (1.0) - Urban Decay
Studio Fix Powder Foundation (NW15) - M.A.C.
Honey Bronzer (01) - The Body Shop
Naked Basics Palette (Venus for highlight) - Urban Decay


Brows:

2-in-1 Pencil & Brush (Hot Chocolate) - Soap&Glory
Gimme Brow (Light / Medium) - Benefit Cosmetics

Eyes:

Kohl Eye Pencil (Pink) - Barry M
NYC Palette (943 Smokey Greens) Cream Highlight + Naked Basics Palette (Venus Shadow)
L'Oreal Super Liner
No.7 Intense Volume Mascara

Lips:

L'Oreal Lipstick (Eva's Nude)



Tools Used:

Pointed Foundation Brush - Real Techniques
Expert Face Brush - Real Techniques
Blush Brush - Eco Tools
Stippling Brush - E.L.F.
Angled Liner Brush - Eco Tools
Detailer Brush - Real Techniques





   Sorry about the lighting in these photographs, I only ended up finishing this look in the evening so there wasn't much natural lighting left. But I actually loved this look, even though I wouldn't wear it everyday. It's just a fun idea and I enjoyed learning some new liner skills that I can use in the future too. Some tips for this look would be to start backwards, in the way that you should begin with the pink liner and finish with the black liquid liner for a precise and clean finish. If you mess up you can also go back in with a thick concealer (like the one I used here from Benefit) and use a small brush to cover any slips. In the inner corner of my eyes I also brought the pink liner slightly further in, which I think looks a little different, and all together it's really awesome to incorporate some colour into my make up!

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow

CONTACT FORM