Life

18 YEARS OF EXISTENCE

03:58Unknown

   This time last week I would have been getting ready to see my family and friends to celebrate my 18th birthday. I still don't feel 18 myself, for me I'm still a 13 year old teen who loves All Time Low and hates the thought of growing up - Well, I guess nothing much has changed there. It's been exactly a week now since turning 18, and so I thought I would just commemorate the moment on this blog, so I can look back when I turn 21 and realise how simple life was back then and so forth. Out of me and my group of close friends, I'm actually the first one to be turning 18, so I guess it was a kinda big thing for us all, and made a lot of us realise that we're not that little anymore. Last Saturday night we actually all went out for a meal to an amazing restuarant called the Rustiki Grill in Ormskirk. It was super quirky and cosy, and by the end of the night we were all very full and (for some) quite tipsy. We then sang the night away to Beyonce, Years & Years and Chris Brown, you know, the standard party playlist.

   Fast forward a week later, and it still hasn't really sank in that I'm now technically an adult! And over the past week I've been back at college, were the thought of universities and life has hit hard. I don't know why but recently I just feel rushed. Rushed to figure out where I want to go after college and how I want to spend my life, you know, just the small things. In the future, these decisions might not seem so big, but then again maybe they are? Right now I'm taking it day by day, and trying to figure out small steps on how to achieve what I want in life. Of course I have worries about the future, c'mon I'm human after all. I worry about whether I'm not good enough, and what happens if my dream job falls through. I know that at some point this year I need to take action and make decisions about my future, and perhaps next year moving out of my home to live somewhere else. Who knows where I might be next year? But hopefully wherever I am, I'm happy. 

   I guess my 18 years of existence so far hasn't been entirely adventurous or wild as some other people's, but I know that everything that I've achieved so far in life I'm proud of - And that's something I want to stick with. I don't think I'm going to be that 18 year old who goes out drinking every Friday night, because that's just not me. My friends talk about going to party places on holiday next year, and I've said I just don't want to, and for me that's ok. But then again, I'm not going to be sat in my bedroom (apart from those days I'm blogging, obvs) and feel like I'm letting my youth pass by. I'm not a party girl, but I'm not a recluse. I'm still trying to figure out who I am I guess, but I have the next few years to find out. If you're the same age as me, and some of these things are speaking out to you, then you're not alone sista. 

   I'll be real honest, I didn't really have a point to talk about with this post, I'm simply typing whatever comes into my mind - So apologies if none of this makes sense. I'm sure I'll look back at this in years to come, and giggle about how small all of my worries are. If so, hey future Meg! How's life?

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Follow

CONTACT FORM