Beauty Topshop

GIFT IDEAS #1

09:08Unknown

   Personally, I'm the type of person that loves to give gifts rather than receiving them. I love the planning (mostly on Pinterest) making the gift look all pretty, and obviously physically giving someone the present itself! Since some of my friend's have birthdays coming up, I thought I would share with you some gift ideas that I have, and maybe you can use for your friends and family. And if any of my friend's are reading this, then don't read on!

   For this gift I had the idea of a girly pamper evening, so I initially wrote down a list of things I like to use when treating myself. I then took to Pinterest and found the concept of 'Spa in a Jar,' but since I couldn't get a mason jar in time for my friend's birthday, I found this cute, giant mug that I thought would work just as well. On my shopping trip I also found this perfect little frame with the quote 'Pampering in Progress' which I couldn't not leave in the shop. Overall I think this makes a great gift that looks like you've put a lot of thought into it by buying lots of smaller presents, plus since I'm on a bit of a budget, it's great value for money.

Below I'll try to link any of the little bits and pieces I picked up:

'Pampering in Progress' Frame - B&M Bargains £1
Birthday Card - The Card Factory 59p
Instant Hot Chocolate


   As for wrapping, Wilko in the UK have some great affordable wrapping paper and cute accessories like ribbon, tags, washi tape ect. I get all of my scrap booking supplies there! But I think in the U.S. you have places like Target which is pretty similar. In the end I didn't really use the wrapping paper or ribbon, since I thought this clear plastic, polka dot wrapping looked quite good on it's own with some tissue paper inside the mug to pack it.


   To wrap the mug I took the plastic wrapping and an elastic band, and put that around the bottom of the mug. I then took some simple, silver gift string and tied that around the base too - As well as using some scissors to do some fancy twirling at the ends; which you can easily do by scraping the string on the edge of a scissor blade. (But obviously if you're only young then get an adult to do this step!)


   As an extra little gift I also put in some of Lush's Honey I Shrunk the Kids soap which smells incredible, but I'm just hoping that she doesn't confuse it for a piece of fudge. Like the mug, I wrapped the soap the same way to keep it looking consistent and profesh. 


   As a finishing touch I packed the mug with some silver tissue paper to match the string, as well as adding a tag to the frame to write a short message on. I must say though, I wasn't completely prepared and ended up putting everything into a LadurĂ©e bag, but an actual gift bag would be better suited of course.


And there you have a pretty, affordable gift idea! I'll be sure to post any more in the future as I love to get a bit 'D.I.Y.' whenever I can...

Thanks for reading!

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This is a great idea! I love how everything is so affordable. Can you please post more D.I.Y.'s, this is really helpful!

    Ashley
    http://jerseygirl1216.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And of course, I'm planning to do more stuff like this on this blog, as well as my usual beauty and fashion-y stuff :)

      Meg ♡

      Delete

Follow

CONTACT FORM