ASOS Life

THE VAMPS UK TOUR: MANCHESTER 25.04.15

09:40Unknown

  So I'm posting this a little late, but I've been incredibly excited to write this post as I recently went to see The Vamps live at the Manchester Arena! I'd been highly anticipating this night since booking the tickets last October, and I finally got to hear the album that got me through Year 11 live for the first time...


   For the post, I thought I would also do a quick little Outfit Of The Day (and try to find a backdrop worthy enough for my photos #bloggerproblems) When arriving at the arena I did switch my shoes from flats for some small, heeled boots to make the outfit seem slightly dressier, as well as adding a statement red lip which is essential for me if I decide to go out. I'll also try to link any items below just in case you want to check them out!

Hat: Primark
Pull&Bear Crop Top: ASOS
Charcoal Grey Jacket: New Look
Lana Ripped Superskinny Jeans: River Island
Black Heeled Ankle Boots: Primark
Handbag: Next

Lipstick: MAC Ruby Woo
Foundation: Urban Decay Naked Skin (1.0)
Highlight: Benefit High Beam
Setting Powder: MAC Studio Fix (NW15)
Eyeliner: L'Oreal Waterproof Superliner (A must when going to a gig)




   Me and my friends decided to make a whole day of it, and set out early to browse a few shops and grab some food before the show. I really wanted to pick up a MAC eyeshadow from Debenhams, but sadly they didn't have a MAC counter there - Please help me petition this! But anyway, after my friend Roslyn devoured Primark for pyjamas, we headed for my first ever Nando's. I know, why haven't I been sooner?! Despite being a non-meat eater I was more than happy with my veggie burger with halloumi and peri-salted chips. As far as first experiences go it was pretty great, I loved the whole vibe of the restaurant and the waiters were really lovely and tentative. So go Meg for no longer being a Nando's virgin, woo!



   When we finally arrived at the arena, I suddenly felt that sense of excitement before a gig, and it reminded how much I love going to hear live music. Sadly me and my friends were separated from each other with seating, but we all still had an amazing night... Beginning with the two support acts!


   The first was an American band called The Tide, who I had never heard of before but they sounded quite good live. Apparently they don't have any E.P.s or albums out as of yet, but they do have some covers on YouTube if you want to check them out. I also found out they were the same age as me; which was slightly depressing as I started to drift into that inescapable thought of how much they've achieved and how I need to figure out what I want to do with my life. You know, just one of my daily, deep thoughts. The next support act were Union J who had previously been formed on The X Factor UK a few years ago I think. I'm not going to lie, I'm not the biggest fan of these guys so I just swayed my way through it until the main act arrived...




   Yes, The Vamps! I must say their performance was constantly energised and the vocals were so strong throughout; which made me appreciate them more when watching for the first time. Their set list did go a little too quickly for my liking, but they made up for it with some amazing covers and solo performances with each band member. The drummer, Tristan Evans, had an incredible solo by featuring some dubstep-esque music, featuring some Nicki Minaj and Flo Rida drum covers. I'll admit, when G.D.F.R. started to play I did get a bit too excited and body rolled through the entire song. Other covers that I loved included Connor Ball's Sum 41 In Too Deep; which I love anyway since it reminds me of prom, although a few of the younger girls did look at us rather strangely when we screamed after hearing the first riff.
   As for their own songs, The Vamps didn't play as many as I would have liked from their album, but I did enjoy the acoustic version of Another World and Risk It All (My favourite song of theirs, ever) Brad Simpson sang amazingly for this, and I thought he did a great job changing up the songs to create something so lovely and sentimental *begins to emotionally reminisce* Speaking of Brad he also decided to whip out a bra mid-set to try on, cheeky Brad... (My friends will understand the reference) 










Overall it was a great evening and the whole show was so enjoyable - it's making me really sad even typing this out now. But I don't need to wait too long for my next gig this summer, when I'll be going to see 5 Seconds of Summer at the same arena!

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow

CONTACT FORM