Beauty Hair

THE NEW HAIRDO 2015

11:49Unknown

   I know I promised to show my new hair tomorrow, but I thought 'hey, I don't fancy revision,' so I'm going to show you today! After about 3 hrs at the salon, I now have a brand new hairdo ready for summer, and I know these pictures probably won't do the colour of my hair justice, but I was too excited to write this post - So I guess you'll have to cope with that fresh-out-of-the-salon hair that's too soft and can't be tamed. If you haven't read my last post here, then you won't know that I've been wanting to go lighter for summer, and so today I planned on having a full head of foils on top of my old bleached hair. 


BEFORE

   Before entering the salon my hair was much more coppery, and I had a harsh band of colour where my roots had horribly overgrown. I did like being a ginge, but I knew my roots where a little obvious; which meant I was restricted with hairstyles, as if I wanted to do a topknot or half-up, half-down kinda style, the roots underneath were quite noticeable. As for the style/cut of my hair, my full fringe had outgrown also, and so I was left with an awkward length of hair at the front of my face; which worked well if I wanted to flick my hair over as shown in the pictures below, but since I usually wear my hair in a center parting, it was a little tricky to style most days. The length was also getting quite long which I had wanted for summer, however since I had bleached my hair before (focusing on the ends) I knew that my hair must be suffering and so I wanted a good trim as well.



AFTER

   And this is my hair now! Keeping in mind this was just after leaving the salon - So like I said, my hair was at that awkward 'too soft to do anything' phase, and I still need to style my fringe to how I used to wear it; which is more flat and textured (Although I must admit I kinda like the whole 60s / Suki Waterhouse vibe with my style like this) With the cut I decided to go for my usual long full fringe so I could part it slightly and keep it natural-looking, which I explain better in my previous hair update post here. As for the colour of my new do, I went ahead with the full head of foils, however my hairdresser left some of the previous hair colour in there, and kept the rest of the blonde highlights fairly warm to complement my fair skin tone. From the pictures you can see I also kept some of my natural hair colour at the roots just to make it easier for me to maintain, but also look more blended - Especially at (what was) that dreaded band of colour.



I think I'll be sticking with this look for a while now through summer, and perhaps top up with a half-head of highlights next time, like my hairdresser recommended.

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Yes! I love the new hairdo. I have always wanted to do a full long fringe but was never daring enough. I think I might have to give it a go. This would look amazing for the upcoming summer x

    splasheswithfabulosity.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm looking forward now to going even lighter for summer :-)

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  2. ahh i love it, I'm back to the hairdresser on friday to get the orange in my hair fixed (hopefully!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie, I was exactly the same, and it's so nice not feeling conscious about coppery hair anymore.

      Meg ♡

      Delete

Follow

CONTACT FORM