Beauty MAC

MINIMALISTIC MAKE UP

05:55Unknown

   For the past few weeks, my life has been focused on my examinations in college, and on some days I just don't fancy a full-face of make up with a bold lip or extravagant eye shadow. That's why I've been keeping my make up minimal recently, and I thought I would share with you this kinda 'everyday make up' look that could be used for school, work or whenever you're a little tired and just want a quick go-to look. 

   For any make up look, whether it's minimal or not, I always like to have a good base. My everyday foundation at the moment is the Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation (Shade 1.0) I might do a full review of this soon if anyone is interested, but so far it's been great for my skin! I'd say it's a light coverage that can be built to medium, and it's not entirely matte but still works for my oily / combination skin type if paired with good powder. As for concealer I tend to use the brightening Touche Eclat from YSL (No.1) for under my eyes, the top of my brow bone, around my nose, chin and forehead. With these two products I also used the Real Techniques Buffing Brush for this look, but if I have a little time in the morning I'll use The Body Shop's Blush Brush to really perfect my base make up. 


Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation - After 1 Layer


   To finish the base make up, I then use my go-to MAC Studio Fix Powder (NW15) to set the foundation and concealer on my t-zone, the tops of my cheeks and my jawline. Despite the slightly higher price, I'd definitely recommend this as a setting powder for a fuller coverage and durability. Plus since I only like a thin layer of my foundation, this gives me a little more coverage if I need it. For my cheeks I've also rekindled my love for The Body Shop Blush in 02 Coral. This lil' duo can be used separately or together for a pretty pink-y coral blush, but also as a highlight on the tops of my cheeks. With this I tend to use the Real Tehcniques Blush Brush for a light, natural application.



   When the base is done, I then just comb through my brows, since I've not been filling them in recently to try and grow them out. And so I'll move on to lashes, where my go-to mascara has been Urban Decay's Lash Perversion Mascara. When I first got this I was a little uncertain since I usually like plastic wands, however I find that it does lengthen my lashes without looking like Yzma from The Emperor's New Groove.


After one coat of Urban Decay Lash Perversion.
   Finally for my lips, I've been keeping it simple with a little Carmex lip balm which brings out the natural pink tone of my lips, as well as re-using my Touche Eclat in the center of my top and bottom lip to brighten and highlight. This is such a quick, easy tip for a natural everyday lip, and I remember first learning it from a Tanya Burr video when she did a make up look inspired by Eleanor Calder - It's so pretty and would even work with any brightening concealer.


And there you have the final look! By using just a few products you can achieve a pretty, fresh make up look suitable for everyday.



Have a happy bank holiday Monday!

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. love this!!

    x Maria
    Have a look at my newest Outfitpost
    featuring my new Vintage Bag
    Let me know what you think about it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maria I love your style, plus your hair is amazingly long! Haha

      Meg ♡

      Delete

Follow

CONTACT FORM