Beauty MAC

SOS: FOUNDATION ADVICE

05:10Unknown

   Ok, so there comes a time in a girl's life when she reaches the end of her current favourite foundation. She then has three options, A. Re-purchase B. Use up the others C. Purchases another. I think I'm going to go with C, but I need some advice first of all from anyone who's willing to help?

HELP WANTED: A foundation for oily / combination skin, that isn't too heavy and provides a low-medium coverage. I also want to stray away from completely matte finishes, and maybe go for a slight glow for spring. 

At the moment I'm really happy with my base makeup routine, as it consists of:

1. Benefit's Porefessional Primer - But not everyday.
2. Revlon Colorstay Foundation
3. Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer
4. MAC's Studio Fix Powder

   I've been considering a few foundations, but if you have any other suggestions I would really appreciate them! I've currently got a Debenhams voucher as well, so I'm looking for a brand that I could use it with, but I'm not too bothered. I was considering brands like Nars, MAC or YSL, and have a few ideas...



MAC Pro Longwear / Studio Fix
   Now last year I did purchase the Pro Longwear for my high school prom, but then just ended up giving it to my mum because it was too dark for my skin after summer. I found it was a good foundation for staying put, but sometimes I would find it clinging on to dry patches of skin which didn't look too great. But I've also heard great things from Studio Fix, I already have the powder and love it!

Nars Sheer Glow
   Some people say this is a great foundation for that healthy glow I love, but apparently it can also be a pain to blend in. I have heard good things about their new foundation though; which I think is more matte and perhaps suited to my skin type better.

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser
   This product came apparent to me by the lovely Lily Melrose, as I know she loves the Silk Creme Foundation (I think!) and again, I've heard great things about their tinted moisturisers. I know they have two types, there's a matte version and a glow-y version, so if anyone has tried these out I'd love to know more?

YSL Touche Eclat Foundation
   As for YSL, I do already have the original Touche Eclat and find that it is a lovely brightener for under my eyes and the tops of my cheeks. As for the foundation, I know Gabby (VelvetGh0st) loves this product as I saw it in one of her favourite videos not too long ago. I am considering this as I know it gives a slightly dewy finish and provides good coverage. So I may need to go and swatch some shades next time I'm in Debenhams.

These are all just a few ideas, and my heart still isn't set on just one, so if anyone could offer some advice - You'd be really helping a sista out. Please leave a comment if you have the time!

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I always struggle with foundation too, as i don't like to be too 'caked' which is the effect i always seem to get! I use loreal BB or CC cream as it's still got a really good coverage but it's really light and you don't even notice you're wearing it! It comes in three different variations as well, i think theres one for dullness, one for mixed skin tone and another one i can't remember! I just use that with a bit of bronzer and it gives a really good glow!

    I write a fashion and lifestyle blog if you wanted to look :) http://alltheragefashionn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your advice! I'll make sure to check out your blog too :-)

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  2. Hi Meg!

    I wanted to let you know that I nominated your blog for the One Lovely Blog Award! The details are on my blog. Keep up the great work girl!

    - Mary | wndr14lnds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks! I'll check out your blog now...

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  3. Following you now, you seem so lovely!

    Hope you check my bloggie too!

    Katja from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny, we actually have pretty similar foundation tastes! I own the Nars and Laura Mercier bases, so I thought I might be able to help, I hope I'm not too late! Oh and my skin type is combination!
    The Nars sheer glow is a favourite of mine and I do love a lot, I'd say it's a medium coverage with a satin finish. The only problems I've found was its tendency to cling to dry patches, and one time a while back it sunk into my pores a little, so I always wear a primer before applying. However its a stunning foundation, and photographs beautifully, I don't find the blending to be a massive issue!
    As for the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser, I have the oil free version and I do really like it. Not a lot of coverage, unlike the Nars Sheer Glow, but just enough to even out the skin, and give a natural, dewy finish. It also feels light on the skin. When I tested it out, I also tried the Nars Tinted Moisturiser and found that to have a higher coverage, so if you're not too keen on the Laura Merciers light coverage, you could look into the Nars one, although I haven't properly tried it so don't know what its like.

    Sorry for the novel haha, but I hoped this helped! Good luck picking one:-)x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your advice, I honestly appreciated the novel! The NARS does sound really good though now you've mentioned it, I may have to think this one over haha :-)

      Meg ♡

      Delete

Follow

CONTACT FORM