Beauty Lush

MY UPDATED SKINCARE ROUTINE

10:40Unknown

   Since I haven't done a skincare post in quite a while, I thought I would do an updated skincare routine this week! In the past I've tried and tested many different skincare products; which has then led to breakouts or redness. However now I only use a few selected products that I know work for me and my skin. I've also found that by using these products everyday and having a routine, my skin type has changed from just being oily, to now being oily / combination. The first thing I have here is the Origins GinZing Refreshing Scrub Cleanser; which I use every morning with cold water to help close my pores, and remove any dry skin or excess oils from the night before. This is a great scrub to use everyday as the beads aren't harsh on my skin, and you only have to use a small pea-sized amount - So a bottle of this can last a super, long time. 
   Within the same GinZing range, I also use the moisturiser and eye-cream. This range from Origins is great for my skin, plus it smells like oranges and feels really fresh in the morning. That's because this moisturiser is really light-weight, so I love to use this before applying makeup as then it doesn't feel heavy and gross like other moisturisers I've used. Like the cleanser, you also don't have to use an awful lot of this, as a small amount goes a long way. Especially the eye-cream; which I don't really use everyday, but certainly refreshes under my eyes in the mornings when I feel a little tired sometimes. 


   After cleansing in the morning, and before applying my moisturiser, I also like to use a toner that feels clean and fresh. For this I recently rekindled my love for Lush's Tea Tree Water, which I had an obsession with last year, and is probably my favourite skincare product of all time. A big statement I know, but it's true. However at night I then use the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water to remove my makeup, using small cotton pads for my eyes, and a larger cotton pad for the rest of my face. I like to buy these from Wilko's in the UK, as they sell them cheaply for 50p and 70p. Before the Garnier Micellar Water I did use L'Oreal's version, however my friends recommended this to me as it's the same price, but you just get more product for your money. So far I can't really tell the difference, and my makeup is still removed quickly and easily without any fuss. 


   Once in a while when my skin needs it, I'll use these little sample tubes of some Origins face masks. I got these to try out before I invested in the larger versions, and I must say I've fallen in love with both. The first is Origins Clear Improvement Charcoal Mask; which I haven't used frequently enough to see a difference, but after using this my skin does feel clean and smooth. Plus you can also buy this mask now in smaller travel-size pods for only £8, just in case you don't fancy splashing the cash like me. During the colder months just gone, I also found my skin to be unusually dry sometimes, which is why I started to use the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Face Mask (phew, got there). After using this my skin was definitely hydrated and felt so much better! I'm sure to recommend this to anyone who may suffer from dry skin as a weekly treatment, and despite Origins being a rather expensive brand, their products are definitely my new favourite for skincare. 


   Thank you for reading lovelies, I hope I've shown you some products that interest you (and I must say that this is not sponsored by Origins, I just really really love their brand!) But I also want to ask whether anyone has any recommendations for a night-time cleanser? Especially ones that can remove makeup easily and perhaps good for closing pores, it would be great if anyone could help out!

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I have always been tempted by lush's tea tree water but now after your post it is definitely a must have to my collection :) Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I love it! Try the smaller bottle if you're not so sure, but it's definitely fresh and cooling in the morning :-)

      Meg ♡

      Delete

Follow

CONTACT FORM