Beauty Interior Decor

MY DESK STORAGE AND ORGANISATION

11:33Unknown

   For this week's post I thought I would show you how I like to set up my desk and organise my things for when I'm getting ready in the morning. I must admit, I do like everything to have its place and keep things tidy in my room. I know it might not look very minimalistic, but with my desk this way I find it much easier to get ready in the morning, especially when my wardrobe is nearby so I can basically get ready in one place. 


Desk - IKEA
Chair - IKEA
Heart Cushion - Primark
Tins - Benefit and Coca Cola

   I love cute tins like these for storage, and with these I store my products from Bleach London. I've also had my furniture for years now, and my desk and chair are still in good condition, so thank you IKEA for providing such cheap furniture!


Small Decorative Boxes - The Card Factory and Vintage Shop
Pink Storage Box - Soap & Glory

   Due to the colour of my wallpaper, I like to incorporate accents of mint and blue into my bedroom, and so patterned boxes like these are just small details that make my room look even better. My friend actually got me the top box to put my birthday present in, and said that she knew it would go perfectly in my room (Thank you Lesley!) and the larger Soap & Glory box was from a gift set; which I now use to store all of my beauty products, like moisturisers and hair masks. 


Tin - Uncle Joe's Mintballs Sweet Tin
Desk Shelf - IKEA

   Yet again we have another quirky tin, but in this I like to store all my hair clips and bobbles. I store this underneath this desk shelf, which I attached to my desk a few years ago and find it really useful to store more things that I can easily reach for. 


Glass Jam Jars
Love Heart Screw-top Jar - B&M Bargains

   Usually my brother will always come into my room wanting to borrow a pen or pencil for his homework, so I always keep them stored in these little jam jars which I simply cleaned out and decorated with some ribbon. I also have some makeup palettes next to those (simply because I don't really know where else to put them) and then next to those I store my cotton pads in this super cute jar with a mint lid. I really love this because it was so cheap, but is still a great way to store anything you want - They also have more pastel colours, like pink and lemon yellow. 


Makeup Organiser - The Range

   Now for makeup, yay! On top of my desk shelf I like to store my makeup in this sweet little organiser; which I don't think was intended for makeup, but I use it this way anyway. This is the only makeup I have so it's easy enough to find what I'm looking for when I'm sat at my desk in the mornings. Plus, I've kinda organised my makeup into sections, dorky but still. So I have all my base products on the upper two levels, my lip products on the bottom level, and then anything else like powders and palettes in the draw underneath. I also love how the white/ivory colour matches my desk and the floral detailing at the back suits the floral design on my wallpaper.


White Tea and Coffee Pots

   Next to my makeup, I then keep all of my mascaras and eyeliners in these coffee and tea pots that my mum gave to me after she didn't want them anymore. I also keep my rather dirty-looking makeup brushes in one of these as well, as I just think they look simple and clean. Next to these I also keep some samples of products that I can try out and review for you guys!


Floral Box - Boots

   This box may not entirely go with my wallpaper colours, but I like this for storing products that I use everyday, like hairspray and perfume. I actually got given this with a scrapbook, from Boots of all places, but it's just the right size to fit on the end of my desk shelf. 


Jewellery Holder - Sass & Belle

   Hanging above my desk I then have this ivory jewellery hanger that I keep pieces I wear more frequently on, especially my watch which I usually forget to wear. I used to have something similar but it was a stand, however I prefer this as it keeps my jewellery organised and doesn't take up any desk space. 


Chalk Board - The Range
'There's No Place Like Home' Hanger - Sass & Belle
Wooden Heart - The Range

   Finally on my wall, I have this cute chalk board that one of my friends got for me last year. On this I keep photos and hanging ornaments on the pin board section, as well as writing to-do lists or little quotes on the chalkboard section. 


   And there you have it! That's how I like to organise my desk and store my things so they're easier for my to get to - Plus they look cute and personalised! Hopefully this has given you some interior inspiration for your own room, I know I love similar blog posts and videos for new ideas. Thank you for reading lovelies, and I'll be back with a new post next week.

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I LOVE your makeup organiser - it's so cute and handy! Your desk and your chalkboard are so cute!

    Reta :) ♥ x
    www.retaxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Reta, it really is when I know my makeup is all in one place!

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  2. Your bedroom is so girly and pretty. I also love how organised it is! That 'Uncle Joe's Mint Balls' tin is amazing (and I love the little 'Look on the bright side' chalk message)!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that tin is my favourite! Aw you're so sweet, thank you :-)

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  3. Love this so much! Everything looks so neat and tidy! Your wallpaper is adorable!

    Renee
    www.losetheroad.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Renee! I try my best to keep it tidy(-ish) most of the time haha

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  4. This is so pinterest worthy. I am so jealous of your organisational skills! I need a couple of these things! :)
    It'sMyLife

    ReplyDelete

Follow

CONTACT FORM