Beauty Real Techniques

REAL TECHNIQUES SILICONE LINER BRUSH

08:53Unknown

   It seems that I've restrained myself from buying makeup brushes for quite a while now. The last time I did, I think it was a Real Techniques Expert Face Brush last year; which I still love and use most of the time. However a few weeks ago I thought I would try and scout for a new eyeliner brush for a new gel liner that I got for Christmas. And so when I was in Superdrug I spent a while contemplating which brush to get, and since I knew I loved the Real Techniques brand I immediately checked them out first. That's when I noticed a new design within their range of eye brushes - The silicone liner brush. I paid £5.99 for this so it was rather cheap compared to other Real Techniques brushes, but sadly this has turned out to be a disappointing product for me. 

   I cannot doubt that this style of brush is super easy to clean, as you can simply wipe away the product from the small silicone tip, but this design was a new concept for me. And that's why I was initially quite excited to use this and see if it was any good. Sadly to say, when I did try it out, the product went on the brush rather generously, but when I tried to wipe off any excess most of the product was then taken off. When I then tried to apply it across my eye, I found the application quite tricky and time-consuming. Since the tip is made of silicone, any product on the brush is immediately taken off onto the eye - Leaving quite a messy line. Unlike your standard bristle brushes that are able to carry the product right across the eye. Therefore I found myself constantly dipping the brush back into my gel liner; which then wasted a lot of the product.

   Of course I'm not a professional with gel liner, and if I had an hour to do my winged liner I'm certain I would get somewhere with this brush. However for me it just wasn't my cup of tea. It's great that Real Techniques have created a new design for their brush collection, but personally it just didn't live up to my expectations. Let me know if you've tried this out, because I've read other blogs who found the same problems as me. Of course I still love Real Techniques as a brand, and will always turn to my other brushes for everyday makeup, but for now I'll stick with what I know - And I know that they also do another liner brush that's made of bristles, so maybe I'll be able to perfect my gel liner skills in the near future.




♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow

CONTACT FORM