Beauty Drugstore

DRUGSTORE EVERYDAY MAKE UP

08:35Unknown

   Hello everyone! This week I thought I would try an everyday makeup routine but only using drugstore products, as I know not everyone fancies splurging out on high-end makeup all the time. Plus nearly all of these products I use everyday anyway, I've only really changed one or two products. Now obviously I'm not a makeup artist (I feel like I always have to say this) but here is just some inspiration for your own everyday makeup...

   First of all the base makeup. Over the past two months I've been using Revlon Colorstay Foundation for Oily/Combination skin and I must say I love it! The range has so many different shades and undertones, plus it's perfect for anyone like me with super pale skin. This shade is Buff and is more warm toned which means it counteracts the redness in my cheeks. Plus with the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush you can achieve a medium to high-ish coverage. As for concealer I like to use Revlon Colorstay again for any spots, as well as Rimmel London Wake Me Up Concealer using Real Techniques Contour Brush. I like these concealers as they're quite light, plus the brush is perfect for under eye areas and around your nose.


   For the foundation I start on the tops of my cheeks and use circle motions to buff it in outwards. You can then blend down your jawline, as well as your chin, nose and forehead. I also go over my eyes slightly before concealer.



   As for concealer, you can see where I placed the Colorstay Concealer, as well as the Wake Me Up under my eyes. Also, when using the Contour brush I slightly dab and blend around my spots for a better coverage, but for the under eye area you must be more careful, so blend gently - I start by circling in the inner corner and blending outwards.




   To set the foundation and concealer I then powder my face using an EcoTools Blush Brush (But can be used for powder) along with Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder - Or the Clear Complexion powder for a lighter coverage. I've also started to contour more using The Body Shop Honey Bronzer with Elf Cosmetics Bronzing Brush. I actually did a HOW TO: Contour post as well if you want to check it out! When it comes to bronzer or blusher I also usually choose one or the other simply because I find it too much for me.





   Now for les yeux (eyes) and for simple, quick eye makeup I always love winged liner using L'Oreal Waterproof Superliner; which is liquid and has a thin nib, so I find it much easier to draw the wing. Because it's waterproof it also lasts all day, seriously. For a quick tutorial on this liner you can click here
   As for mascara I used Revlon Lash Potion Mascara which is a lovely lengthening mascara, and I applied two coats of this on my top lashes and just a little on my lower lashes. For brows I've also been loving Soap & Glory Brow Archery Pencil; which apparently is a dupe for the Anastasia Brow Wiz. This is the lightest shade but I find it dark enough for me, and the little brow comb is a lovely little bonus. When applying I also use light strokes at the front of my brow and then use larger strokes towards the end.






Don't worry liner can't be perfect all the time!



   Just to finish this makeup look I've been constantly wearing Maybelline Colordrama Lipstick (Nude Perfection) as introduced to me by the lovely Lily Melrose. This is a brown/pink nude and is perfect for that Kylie Jenner lip colour everyone loves at the moment. It's also a velvet matte finish so it's not drying in the slightest and lasts most of the day with no need for frequent top-ups.



And there you have the finished look!


   I hope you've enjoyed this post and if you have any questions then please feel free to ask! This is a very simple makeup look, and usually takes me about 15 minutes in the morning, but you can always change elements of this - For example, if you prefer a bold lip colour or prefer blush instead of bronzer.

Thank you for reading lovelies.

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. Loving the lip colour and another great post! ♥

    Reta :) ♥ xx
    http://retaxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice routine, love the lipcolor, it suits you :)
    lets follow eachother! just let me know and I will follow back :)

    - www.angelaah91.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I made sure to follow you :-)

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  3. That is such a great everyday look. And You take great potos. I just started following you, and I would love it if you would take a look at my blog,

    Loevens makeup rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the follow, that's so sweet! And of course, I'd love to check out your blog :-)

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  4. hi dear, im following you back now :)

    - www.angelaah91.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really appreciate it!

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  5. Wow, the makeup you did is so easy but the result is so beautiful and flawless! Great job honey!

    I would really appreciated, if we could follow each other on BL and GFC!
    Would be very happy to welcome you on my blog!!!
    xoxo Colli // my blog - tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! I'd love to follow you on both :-)

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  6. Thank you darling, I followed you back on GFC, G+, INSTAGRAM :)
    kiss,
    Diana
    www.chaneldea.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look so beautiful!?
    I'm always using drugstore products for my everyday makeup, but don't actually own any of these products...they're all on my list now seeing how well they look on your skin :)

    sarah xo || time to see the stars ||

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Sarah! These products tend to work well for my skin, but I'm glad I've influenced your shopping list haha

      Meg ♡

      Delete

Follow

CONTACT FORM