Beauty GRWM

SIMPLE SUMMER MAKEUP

06:01Unknown

   Hello everyone, now it would seem I've not done a post like this maybe... ever! The only makeup related post I've ever done is with my 'Get Ready With Me.' I also just want to add that I'm no expert and this look is something I've just been doing for a while, and it's also a look I find quite simple to do. It's lovely in summer and wearable for everyday as I have done. The products used here are also mostly high end (for a change) but I'll probably do a post with all drugstore products also! So without further ado let's get started...

1.  I always begin with my foundation, and for this I'm using MAC's Pro Longwear Foundation (NW18) with The Body Shop's Blusher Brush. I know this brush isn't being used for it's purpose but I actually love using this for foundation because it's flat, and creates a lovely smooth finish. It does take a little longer because obviously you're not buffing it in, but I always prefer spending time on base makeup - Rather than eye makeup. But you could change this to a bb cream or tinted moisturiser if you find that a foundation like this is too heavy.
   As for concealer I'm sticking to my Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (Light) along with my Real Techniques Contour Brush; which I find great for concealing under my eyes and around my nose because of the shape of this brush.


2. The only other face products I used here are the Benefit Porefessional Agent Zero Shine powder which I'm in love with recently! It really does mattify and sets my foundation nicely as my t-zone can get quite oily throughout the day. The only problem I have with this is the brush it comes with, just because some of the hairs from the brush can be left on my face, but I may do a quick review on this product in the future if you like?
   For blush I like to use this one by The Body Shop (02 Ginger), which is a pink with gold shimmer. I find this blush quite versatile as it's so natural looking, so it could be worn in either summer or winter. And as you can see I've hit pan on this so I must really like it. Also with this I have a very old  Elf Cosmetics Bronzing Brush; which was super cheap but I've rediscovered this recently, and it applies blush quite quickly and easily - But not great for contour I'm afraid since you are paying for the quality with this brush.


3. I'm going to move on to brows next, which usually I'm not a massive fan of, but I am trying to shape my brows a little better for this as I know most people class brows as a main part of their makeup routine. If I am doing my brows then I'll use the Naked 2 eyeshadow in my Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. As for brushes I always stick to Real Techniques Brow Brush, as this is quite thick and slightly angled, making it quick to just run over my brows. But also don't forget to comb through your brows as well with a brow comb before and after - As then your eyebrows look more natural.




4. With my eye makeup I began by priming my eyes by using a concealer base, this one I used is the Benefit Boi-Ing Concealer because it's quite thick and evens out my eyelid colour. After that I then started with a flat eyeshadow brush and used The Body Shop Colour Crush Eyeshadow in 110 Sand By Me for a base. This is a matte shadow similar to W.O.S. in the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. I then used the same brush with The Body Shop Colour Crush Eyeshadow in 115 Be My Clementine in the outer third of my eye and also along my water line. This colour is a gold shimmery peach colour and I've just adored using this recently for summer!
   Using a fluffier Real Techniques Base Shadow Brush I then took The Body Shop Colour Crush Eyeshadow in 201 Melt My Heart, in the the crease slightly and in the outer third of my water line - So the two colours can blend nicely. If you do need to blend any eyeshadow out I then recommend the Real Techniques Deluxe Crease Brush because it's larger and fluffy. 
   To finish the eye makeup I took my Collection Extreme Felt Liner for a simple wing. This is honestly my favourite felt tip liner and it's only £2.99! For mascara I then took my Benefit They're Real Mascara which I've been using non-stop since I got it a few weeks back.




5. For the final step I then took MAC's Creme Sheen lipstick in Creme Cup for my lips. This is a blue-toned pink colour, and is quite a girly pink if put on quite heavily, so I find it's best to put a little on and then dabbing it on my lips for a more natural look.


...And voila! There you have 5 steps for a simple summer makeup look. 


   I may not be the best at makeup but I hope this post has given you some summer inspiration to try out some new eyeshadow looks! I'm usually a person who sticks to neutral shades, but I think this summer I need to expand on my coloured eyeshadow. This look is also quite similar to my prom makeup look, so if you haven't read that post then check it out here. Thank you for reading my lovelies and I'll be back next week...

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Just stumbled on this post :) your makeup looks so natural and pretty! you are very beautiful
    xx, Marina | marinasirmais.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Marina, I made sure to follow you back on twitter too!

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  2. Lovely tutorial - could you do a contouring tutorial too please?

    Reta
    http://retaxoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes I'd love to Reta, I'll get to work on a contour / highlighting post :-)

      Meg ♡

      Delete

Follow

CONTACT FORM