Baking HOW TO

WHITE CHOC AND BANANA CUPCAKES

04:45Unknown

   Well my lovelies I'm back with another 'HOW TO:' post, I think last time I showed you how to tie dye here. But yesterday I made some delicious white chocolate and banana cupcakes that I couldn't resist sharing with you all - Since these are probably the best cakes I've ever made. (Mary Berry watch out!) I thought some baking might distract me from the piles of coursework and revision waiting for me upstairs, so I got to work with what turned out to be quite a simple recipe. So without further ado, here you go...


Ingredients
2 Mashed Bananas
80g White Chocolate
350g Self-raising Flour
100g Caster Sugar
115g Butter
2 Eggs
300ml Milk
1/4 tsp Salt


Equipment
Weighing Scales
Mixing Bowl
Mixing Spoon
Whisk
Cupcake Tray (+cases)
Sieve
Saucepan

1. Of course the first step to baking is to make sure you wash your hands, and then preheat the oven to 200C / Fan Oven 180 C.

2. You then sift the self-raising flour into the mixing bowl, along with the caster sugar and salt.



3. After that, melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium hear, whilst you beat the eggs and measure your milk.

4. Once melted, then add the eggs and milk into the saucepan, and whisk the mixture until it's a slight creamy colour.





5. For the white chocolate I decided to use giant Milkybar buttons and chopped them up into smaller pieces. I then peeled the bananas and mushed them up in a bowl using a fork - So appetising right? I also decided to add a little vanilla extract to the banana, just because it smells so good.

6. All that's left to do then is add the chocolate, banana and egg / butter / milk mixture into the bowl of flour and sugar. Simply then fold everything together carefully, making sure to get everything mixed in!



7. When the mixture is ready you can then fill the cupcake cases (I usually fill mine about 3/4 full) and then pop them in the oven for 20 minutes - To check if they'd been cooked I stuck a knife in the side of the cake to see if any mixture was left, but the knife was clean which meant it was cooked!



8. Finally, just to make them look a little prettier, I made some normal buttercream icing with another little drop of vanilla essence (I like vanilla ok) If I'm honest I just kinda guessed the measurements for the cream so I couldn't really tell you, but my nan always says for every 100g butter, use 200g icing sugar. I then topped them off with some pecan nuts for a final touch.


   And there you have it! Some rather yummy white chocolate and banana cupcakes. I hope you've enjoyed this week's post, I know I don't get to do many of these types of posts, but I do enjoy writing them - Especially if cake is involved. But anyways, thank you for reading and I shall see you next week!

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

16 comments

  1. They look so so yummy!!!
    http://whattaylorbuys.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Taylor, they taste yummy too!

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  2. oooh! These look super yummy! Can't wait to make them! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh let me know if you try them out!

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, these look amazing - I love the added touch of the pecan nuts on top! I don't really like white chocolate, but my boyfriend loves it - might have to surprise him with a big plate of these.

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlene :-) That sounds like a good plan, I'm sure he'd love them!

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  4. they look yummy !! i m seriously getting hungry :) xx
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look incredible!

    I have a beauty/music/lifestyle blog over at luciescorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Haha me too! I should probably start the healthy eating soon :-)

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  7. ooh, they look delicious. I have to test out your recipe sometime.
    http://monochromecool.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you let me know if you do!

      Meg ♡

      Delete

Follow

CONTACT FORM