Life Tag

THE VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARDS

08:50Unknown

   Hello my lovelies, this week I thought I would change it up from my usual review post, and try the new 'Versatile Blogger Award' which I was nominated for by the lovely Michelle! If you haven't already, then you should definitely check out her blog. She's a beautiful girl from New Zealand who writes beauty and lifestyle posts, and she's always so sweet commenting on my posts - So I was super grateful that she nominated me for this.



   You can find Michelle's blog here, so make sure you go over there after reading this - And drop a comment telling her I sent you over! Whenever I read a lifestyle post by her, the photos are amazing, and it makes me want to go to New Zealand so badly! (I may have to visit one day Michelle) Plus she has the most adorable little dog named Cookie, what more do you want?


   So, back to the post. The Versatile Blogger Award is an award given to you by your blogger peers, for writing quality posts that have somehow touched them, having good quality photographs, and the uniqueness of the subjects covered. The award is to honour the bloggers who bring something special to your life. If you are nominated then here are the rules to accept the award:

1. Thank the person who nominated you this award and include a link to their blog.
2. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.

   I've been meaning to do a post similar to this, with the '50 Facts About Me' tag, but I guess you'll just have to cope with 7 for now. I still want to make myself slightly mysterious to the blogging world... But anyway, here are the facts!

1. My real name!
My real 'legal' name I guess, is actually Megan Ruth Porter. Since my mum and dad aren't married, I kept my mum's last name, and then my brother took my dad's last name which is Riley. I've also preferred 'Meg' to 'Megan' anyway too since my family and friends call me that all the time. So, when I first started my blog, I decided I would use 'Meg Riley' and I guess it's kinda stuck. So yep, that's my story I guess.

2. I love dying my hair -
The first time I dyed my hair was when I was 14 (I think) when I went to Paris on a school trip. I'd loved the dark copper colour around that time, and so I used L'Oreal Casting Creme Gloss in Amber. Naturally I'm a brunette, so the dye gave my hair a slight copper tint, but nothing drastic to me. Over the years I've also dip-dyed my hair purple, had ombre hair, as well as what I have now; which is a dark brown. I just love playing around with my hair, but it's also had it's effect overtime. Take some advice from me, leave your hair alone as long as you can before you dye it, I have no regrets whatsoever but just make sure you care for your hair. 

To the left you can just see the slight copper tint I had in my hair!
3. Pink roses are my favourites -
Particularly pastel pink roses, I just think they're so pretty! I'd love these flowers for my wedding, one day... But I'm hoping to re-decorate my room soon, to freshen up the walls by painting them white and mint green. I bought some fake pink roses from The Range in the UK, and put them in a cute little glass jar with lace tied around it. I'm hoping to keep with the pastel theme for my new room, and make it a little more girly.


4. My favourite genre of music is Rock / Soft rock -
This may come as a surprise to some, but behind the love for all things girly and make-up related, there is a love for rock music. I've had a major influence from my dad in this department, from listening to Guns N' Roses and Pink Floyd from the age of 4. After that I had a bit of a pop/R&B phase, and then when I got to high school I started to find more alternative music. My favourite bands were All Time Low, You Me At Six, and Paramore. Then I went off into more softer bands like Kodaline, Sleeping with Sirens (The acoustic album) and The Black Keys. If I'm honest I like all kinds of music really, but that's just what I prefer.

5. I'm a peskatarian -
I made this decision over a year and a half ago, but if you don't know what a peskatarian is, then it's like a vegetarian except I eat fish and dairy ( I couldn't live without cheese) At first I did find it hard, but now it's just natural and it doesn't bother me at all. In the past I didn't really eat much meat anyway, and I only ate chicken and bacon occasionally - So it wasn't a drastic change.

6. Disney films cheer me up -
I'm sorry but if you don't love at least one Disney film then you're not human. Ever since I was little I loved Mulan, Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast ect. And even still, I love watching them whenever I'm in a bad mood or feeling a little down. My favourite at the moment is Frozen! I love it just as much as Tangled, but I guess that's because they had the same makers. 

7. I have some serious wanderlust -
Personally I just want to travel when I'm old enough. Some of my friends are happy to stay at home, and that's lovely, but I would just rather see the world and experience as much as I can. There's so many places I want to visit, New York, Rio, South Africa, Japan. So hopefully there'll be a some travel posts featured in a few years time on this blog! Me and three friends have even said we want to go on a round the world trip when we're older, and even thinking about it gets me all excited *immediately types faster*

Well I'm afraid that's all the facts I can reveal about myself for now, but hopefully you've learnt a little more about moi. So, the next step is to nominate 15 bloggers of my choice, so here they all are:

1. Hannah - Cosmetic Crave
2. Gemma - Duggy Dimples
3. Jordan - Little Lace Bows
4. Jhoan - Jhoan Elizabeth
6. Ellie - ELLIEBEA
8. Morgana - Gothic Grunge
10. Grace - Other Infinities 
11. Vicki - victoriajanex
12. Ashly - Ashly Rae
13. Belle - Belles Boutique 
14. ohzelda
15. Charlotte - Sharlotte.

And that's the end of the Versatile Blogger Award! I hope to read some more of these posts in the future from other bloggers, but for now to whoever's reading this, I shall see you next week!

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Great tag! I love, love, love watching Disney movies as well, especially the older ones that I watched as a child. And travelling is amazing. I try to travel at least twice a year.

    Ray | Obey Ray

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! You can't beat a good classic Disney film haha :-)

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  2. The Black Keys are so darn good, I love them! :)
    Thank you for the nomination!

    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such a great band, and no problem!

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  3. Thank you for nominating, this looks fun to write so i'm gonna start soon!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great post to write, I had fun sharing some facts about myself :-)

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  4. oh you are too kind! thanks for nominating me! I have a serious case of wanderlust as well, good to read a bit more about you! xx

    http://jhoanelizabeth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I was more than happy to nominate such great blogs :-)

      Meg ♡

      Delete

Follow

CONTACT FORM