Beauty Monthly Favourites

MONTHLY FAVOURITES ∙ DECEMBER 2013

03:40Unknown

   Wow, well I guess we have reached the end of December everyone and are nearly heading into 2014! For me I only started this blog towards the beginning of this year, and it's been a great experience so far, being able to record events in my life as well as interact with other bloggers. Since I forgot to do a November favourites last month *tut tut* I guess these have technically been my favourites for the past two months. But anywho let's get on with the post shall we?

Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish, Hot Cloth Cleanser - lizearle.com 30ml £5.50
   This is a beauty-must for many bloggers, and if I'm honest, I've never actually used a hot cloth cleanser before; which is why I only decided to buy a small tube. But, when it did come in the post, I actually received a FREE tube of the same cleanser in the same size. I was pretty grateful for this since I love the stuff! For some it may be a hassle using a muslin cloth morning and night, but if you persevere it does give great results. Even after one use of the product, I could feel a difference in my skin as it was much smoother. So, if you can cope with the routine of it all I would definitely recommend this, especially to teenage girls who may be just starting out with a skincare routine.


Red Lipstick - Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipstick (107) & Rimmel Colour Show Off (230 Red Fever)
   In case you haven't read my post here, then you won't know that I've recently had a change of heart with my hair and decided to get a full fringe. And to compliment the new look, I've found that I've been wearing red lipstick more than I usually would. I just think either bright or dark red lips have suited my darker brown hair. I've been using my Rimmel London's Colour Show Off lipstick in 230 Red Fever (Who is unfortunately lidless thanks to my mum) and my usual Kate Moss Matte lipstick in 107.



Yankee Candles - Yankee Direct
   In the last two months I have also lost my Yankee candle virginity and ordered myself two small jars, in Red Velvet and Christmas Cookie. I ordered them online purely because it was a little cheaper, and there is nowhere nearby that I could find the ones I was looking for. These two candles smell so sweet and yummy, and they make my room smell exactly the same. In the future I'll definitely be purchasing more of these, since I now know why people love them so much! Next time I'd really love to try Salted Caramel and Fluffy Towels, from the recommendation from my nan.


Salt Spray - L'Oreal Matt & Messy Salt Spray, Boots £3.75
   Again, with my new hairdo, I've found that I need a little more texture which really suites the choppy-style full fringe I went for (very VO5 of me I know) My favourite this month has been the L'Oreal Studio Matt and Messy salt spray, since it doesn't leave a shine to my hair and gives it a good amount of texture with only a small amount of product. The lasting of this isn't too great, but nothing a little hairspray couldn't hold into place. If you're looking for a cheap salt spray then I would definitely recommend this to try out!


The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Ok, ok, so I was meant to rant on about this in my November favourites, but instead I'm going to rant about it now. I went to watch this at the cinema with a huge group of friends, and well, it didn't disappoint at all. After watching the first movie about 75 times, I couldn't wait for the new movie to come out, with also the additional torment of multiple trailers on Youtube not helping the situation. But anyway, in my opinion, I loved this film way better than the second, and Jennifer Lawrence was incredible! She makes me want to be a  better actress. If you haven't seen it yet then what are you doing with your life? I won't spoil the story too much. I just thought the effects and actors were amazing, and the whole plot was brilliant, and I can't speak highly enough of this film - Probably my film of the year to be quite honest. But if I must be critical, the fact that they left it on a cliffhanger was the only annoying thing about it! I mean, come on, I have to wait for another film? I c a n n o t do that Francis Lawrence.


And that my lovelies is my last post for 2013! This year has gone way too quick for my liking, but I'm extremely excited for what's to come over the next few years, college, university ect. I get excited even talking about it, but for now I hope you've all had an amazing Christmas and I will see you all next week, bye!

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Love these candles so much. *__*
    Btw, thank you so much for your lovely congratulations to my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know they smell amazing, and no problem!

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  2. What a great choice of favourites, especially catching fire, damn ot was soo good!;)

    www.daisieblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maisie! The film was incredible, I can't wait for it to come out on DVD either :-)

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  3. I really like your favourites! I've never used a hot cloth cleaner before but I've noticed a little trend of it this year! Please, please, please do a review on it? I'm really curious to see how it works and everything.

    Love the red lipstick by the way - I swear red lippie goes with fringes hehehe. Oh and the candles look super good! I can just imagine how they smell - I've always wanted to buy some Yankee candles or Bath and Bodyworks candles but I'm honestly a chicken when it comes to fire. I have a fear of burning myself or setting fire to things - I guess it's cause I'm super clumsy!

    Thanks for the post!
    michelleytan.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Red lippy is always the way to go for me haha and I'm the same with candles, I always have to be super cautious for some reason. I'll be sure to do in a review on it soon for you, I'll notify you when it's up!

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more! An amazing film, I just can't wait for the next two to come out :-)

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  5. I'm a massive fan of the kate moss 107 and the L'oreal spray, nice picks!
    I'm a new follower, cute blog!
    Alice x
    http://the-fairest-of-them.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow Alice! I love your blog too, it's so lovely :-)

      Meg ♡

      Delete

Follow

CONTACT FORM