Beauty FOTD

GET READY WITH ME: WEEKEND EDITION

05:39Unknown

   Last weekend, me and my friends went on our usual shopping trip into town, and for once I actually picked up things I really did need. But this isn't a shopping post, oh no, for the first time ever I thought I would have a gander at a 'Get Ready With Me' post. I love watching these on YouTube, and so I thought I would show you my casual make-up, hair and outfit that I like to wear. So, without further ado, let's get started!

   The first thing I do every morning is head to the bathroom to brush my teeth and wash my face. This morning I used my St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I only bought this recently, but even after less than 3 uses, I could feel the difference with my skin. It was much softer, and I have noticed a little difference with the size of my pores. The only thing I've found with this, is my skin does become slightly red after using this in the morning, but by the time I come to doing my makeup my skin is fine.


Hair
   In preparation for my hair, I just untied the French plait in my hair which I slept in the night before. I let it out so it wouldn't be as crazy for when I have to do my hair later. And as you can see, my hair was a little crazy.

After a while, my hair still seemed very Annie-like, you know the film Annie, so I simply ran over the waves with my straighteners so it smoothed them out. This just gave my hair nice beach waves, and I also curled the ends where the plait hadn't reached - This is just so it looked a little more natural.


Face
   For my face make up, I firstly started off with my Maybelline Fit Me Foundation in 115 which is the lightest shade. I find this foundation really good for my oily / combination skin, however the colour selection is quite dark so I wouldn't recommend this for people with very light skin. I also apply this using my Real Techniques Buffing Brush, as it gives a lovely finish and blends it out well.

   As for concealer, I like to use two at the moment, which is my Revlon Colorstay concealer and the Collection concealer too. I use both of these, again with the Real techniques Buffing Brush, however I use them for different things. With the Revlon one, I use this for any spots and under my eyes. This is a water-based concealer, so it's much thinner than the Collection one, and it feels much nicer under my eyes and not as cakey. I then use the Collection concealer on my nose, as this is where most oil is on my face, and so it helps to cover nicely.


   After this I then follow with my Rimmel London Stay Matte Powder, to make sure my foundation and concealer stays in place. For this, I use a pointed foundation brush from Real Techniques to powder under my eyes, nose and chin - Since this is more precise for the oilier areas on my face. I then simply use a powder brush for the rest of my face.


   For bronzer, I use the Benefit Hoola Bronzer, but I don't really contour anymore. Instead I simply bronze my face by concentrating on the 3 main areas; my forehead, cheeks and chin. But DON'T forget to bronze your neck as well, because a white neck and bronzed face isn't a good look! Like with the powder, I also use my powder brush from Eco Tools.

   As for blush, which I couldn't get a decent picture of, is The Body Shop blush in Coral. This is a nice everyday colour in my opinion, and it looks really pretty. To apply this I like to use my Real Techniques Contour Brush.


Eyes

   For my eye makeup, I first use this Primer from Rimmel London, and just dab a little on each of my eyelids. I then used my Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette which I recently purchased (And love!) For the base, I mixed 'Foxy' and 'W.O.S' together and applied it with a flat shadow brush. In the crease I then used 'Faint' with a Base Shadow brush from Real Techniques and blended that out using my Deluxe Crease Brush from Real Techniques. Also, for a little extra highlight, I used 'Venus' with the Pixel-Point Brush from Real Techniques, and applied it in my inner corners and the centre of my eye. This is just a little extra to the eye makeup, it's not completely necessary. As for my eyebrows, I don't actually fill them in, and instead I simply comb through them with a brow comb. Pretty easy.

   To finish the eye makeup, I just curled my eye lashes using my Elf Cosmetics Eye Lash Curler, and applied the Maybelline The Rocket Mascara. I also decided to use a black eye liner pencil on my upper water line - This just makes the lashes looked more volumised. 


Lips
   Now, for lips. I chose a nice girly pink for my lips, and decided to go with my Rimmel London Kate Moss Matt Lipstick in 101, with this Ruby Hammer pink gloss over the top to add some shine. These two together are a really nice combination, and I think I'll be wearing this again very soon.


... And this is the finished make-up look!

Love that face Meg
Nails
Barry M Matte Nail Varnish (Crush) - £3.99 Boots


OOTD


I'm not gonna lie, this outfit was a bit mix 'n' match. It was a case of layering and keeping warm, and I think I achieved that with this selection of clothing.

Denim Jacket - H&M
Light Pink Jumper - New Look
Pastel Blue Skater Dress - New Look
Tan Boots - New Look
Burgundy Beanie - New Look
Pink Satchel Bag - New Look

I like New Look.

   Well thanks for reading through all of that, if you did. It did take me forever to write all of this out, so hopefully it came to some purpose or entertainment for you all! This is my first 'Get Ready With Me' type post, but it was also an OOTD, and I guess my everyday makeup routine as well all-in-one. Aren't you lucky! Anyway thank you for reading, and I will see you next week, with a relatively shorter post...

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Nice post! Enjoyed a peek into your routine and products u use, the lip gloss was what brand?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it! The lip gloss I got in a set, the brand is Ruby Hammer, I think it was from Debenhams. This is the link, but they sold out online, they're really cheap though too :-)
      http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_157002700099_-1

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  2. You have got really lovely eyelashes! We use a lot of the same products too :)

    love this post! Definitely have inspired me to do one too!

    Nashbagxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Samantha, but they wouldn't be as long without the mascara! Glad it has inspired you as well :-)

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  3. I love your outfit! And you have the nicest skin, I'm so jealous. xx

    duggydimples.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Gemma! I love your blog too :-)

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  4. such a pretty outfit ! you have such a pretty eyes :) xoxo
    www.ambifashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ambi, your name is so pretty! I find layering different clothes I already have always works well for me in winter :-)

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  5. Really enjoyed this post, and your blog is absolutely amazing! You've definitely gained a new follower today :3

    xx
    jasmineglamez.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  6. Your foundation looks flawless! Lovely post to read Meg! And we're *almost* name twins haha!

    thebeautypier.blogspot.com

    Megan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you haha my real name is Megan too, but I just prefer Meg if I'm honest!

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  7. I really enjoyed this post, this look is super pretty!

    Chelsea xx

    lovelyatoms.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Chelsea, thank you!

      Meg ♡

      Delete

Follow

CONTACT FORM