ASOS H&M

AUTUMN 2013: FASHION

09:26Unknown

    Hello fellow bloggers, or just someone who has randomly come across my blog. In case you haven't read my previous blog post here, then you won't know that I'm planning on creating a mini-autumn blog series. Last week I wrote all about autumn beauty, and the products that have been intriguing me most lately. But this week I thought it was only natural to follow with autumn fashion for 2013. Now before I begin, I just want to add that I am no fashion guru. I have simply chosen clothes that I have seen a lot of, and what I think looks good for this time of year. But anyways, onto the fashion-y bit...

Coats


   At the moment I'm loving the Boyfriend Coats that most shops seem to be selling. Different shops are selling them for a range of prices, and from my top 3 you can see just how different the prices can range from. Even though I don't have the price for the Primark coat, I don't expect it to be no more than £30. If it is, then Primark, what has happened? A girl at my school has the one from Topshop on the left here, and the design is so lovely, but the price is a little steep for me. I do love the burgundy one from New Look though here, the price isn't too bad, and the design is almost identical to the Topshop design. If you are thinking of a winter coat for this year, perhaps a boyfriend coat is for you?

Jumpers

   For me, as soon as the summer has ended, I automatically seem to go into 'cold-weather mode' and want to buy all the woolly jumpers I can find. My weakness has to be Topshop jumpers, as there are so many great ones, but they are a little more pricey. I actually love the jumpers from H&M though too, since they're a lot cheaper, and I've seen some lately that just look really casual and comfy.

   I would wear cropped jumpers, like these two from Topshop on the left (Cream and Navy) with maybe a high waisted skirt or trousers. Or maybe even over a cute floral dress with some tights and Chelsea Boots. Obviously longer jumpers, like the one here from H&M can be worn with more - Whether it's jeans, skirts or shorts. I like to also buy jumpers over-sized, rather than fitted, since I think it suits me more and I feel more comfortable wearing them. You can buy the pink jumper from Topshop here.

Trousers
   Recently I've also seen a lot of patterned trousers that are slightly fitted towards the ankle. All of these trousers are from H&M, and they're really affordable, and are suited patterns for autumn. I was going to buy the burgundy ones on the left here, but they didn't have my size, so I was a little disappointed. At the time it was summer, so I would have worn them with a baggy v-neck shirt and some slip-on shoes. However, since autumn can be a little colder, you could even mix and match these trousers with the jumpers I've just shown you. Obviously with patterned trousers like these, you could also dress them up with a pair of chunky wedges, a plain blouse and some statement jewellery. The tartan ones you can buy here, and the ones on the right you can buy here.

Tartan


   Whilst browsing online, I've also seen a lot of tartan return back into fashion, with most shops selling some kind of the pattern. Like with the trousers previously, there can be different coloured tartan, and this skirt from New Look is very similar. I also love this cute tartan shirt from Topshop, which you could simply wear with jeans and still look great.

   From Boohoo.com I also found this boyfriend cardigan. I just thought the model made this cardigan look so comfy, but perhaps not with the shorts and crop top for autumn (Especially in the UK with our weather) I actually already have two boyfriend cardigans from New Look last year, but they were £24.99 each, so Boohoo does well with it's pricing. Lastly I found this tartan dress. It's a little different from a typical tartan dress, with the navy dip dye and cut-out shoulders. I don't know why, I just really like the style, and the smock style dress is very popular among ASOS at the moment.

Shoes
LINKS HERE: No.1  No.2  No.3  No.4  No.5  No.6
Of course I can't forget shoes in this post, and these were some of the ones I liked the most! No. 1 and 4 are more of your typical autumn shoe, and ankle boots have recently been brought back which I'm definitely excited about. I need to buy myself a pair of Chelsea boots this winter - I just think they would look sweet with tights and a smock dress, or even some skinny jeans and a thick knit jumper. The cut-out style shoe is definitely in as well this season, with the famous Jeffrey Campbell ankle boots starting off the trend.

   Now for me, I'm not really a heel girl, and I would rather wear some comfy flats. But lately, I've seen a lot of these pointed mid-heels, and I think they look very classy. I particularly love the nude-y pink and coral colours with this type of shoe, but I understand that they may not be to everyone's taste. No.6 is a little different to the rest, and these were really just a random find when I was looking for a school bag. But I love burgundy for autumn (if you haven't guessed already) and the love heart shape is really unique.

Accessories


   I didn't really find too many new accessories this year, but I did find these thick plaited headbands from Topshop here which I love. I saw the Youtuber Beth (MacBarbie07) here with one similar to these, and I think they look really pretty in the colder months, since you can look great but still keep your ears warm. It's a win-win. I also found this hat here, which is a little pricey from Urban Oufitters but I love this style! I don't usually wear hats a lot, apart from a beanie now and again, but I would like to change up my style a bit with this item.

Pinterest Inspiration


   If you don't know what Pinterest is, then it's like your own little scrapbook (Or pin boards) where you can pin things to your profile, whether it be fashion, beauty, interior decorating ect. I love looking through outfit ideas, and these were just a few that I loved. I also managed to fit lovely Alexa Chung into the line-up here, as I just think her style is amazing - And she's even wearing some pointed kitten heels!

   And that my lovelies is all I have for autumn fashion for this year. I do hope some of these things have inspired you to create some outfits, or even influence your winter wardrobe this year. I actually really enjoyed doing a fashion post too, so if you have any suggestions on what fashion to do next then let me know? Thank you for reading anyways, if you're still with me at this point, and I shall see you all next week!

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

13 comments

  1. LOVE the Primark coat pictured above. I wish I knew how much it was but I'm sure payday will see me straying into Primark to pick up quite a few things. Such a lovely coat and the style is perfect. Major love.

    www.becka-thisismyworld.blogspot.com
    Becka! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually went into Primark the other day and saw it for £25! I may have to pick it up for Autumn/Winter haha there's so many new clothes :)

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  2. Thank you for following! I follow back now :)

    Very nice selection! Love the tartan skirt <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved these picks! Especially the coats and shoes! Booties 1 & 4 have actually been my fav to purchase!

    Thanks for following btw, I followed back :)

    http://jhoanelizabeth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Me too, I need to pick up some chelsea boots for the colder months :)

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  4. I adore the primark coat, it's so on trend for primark! lovely blog too:) Followed you! be awesome if you could possibly check out my blog?
    www.trustinvogue.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you Hannah! I love these coats too, I need one in my life :) And I'll be sure to check out your blog too, thanks for the follow

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  5. Love all the tartan and knitwear stuff! Following your blog ( I think? ) would love you to check out mine?
    www.geekchicnotes.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the follow! I'll be sure to check out your blog too :)

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  6. I love that primark coat and panama hat! Great post xx

    thebudgetbuyer.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. You picked out such great choices, I love everything I see in your post. The coats and pants especially :-) Thanks so much for your lovely comment, your blog is very cute too. I added you via gfc and g+ and hope we can stay in touch :-)

    xoxo Pakize

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much, and you're welcome!

      Meg ♡

      Delete

Follow

CONTACT FORM