Barry M Beauty

AUTUMN 2013: BEAUTY

11:32Unknown

   Hello my lovelies, since we have said farewell to the lovely summer and have welcomed autumn back into our lives, I thought it was only appropriate to write a post preparing you for the fall. I may even do a mini-autumn series of posts, so if you have any ideas then let me know. I'm thinking of doing an autumn fashion, and maybe a food and drink type post. For this week though, I thought I would show you my autumn beauty picks for this year. All of the products I'm going to show you are either things I want, or have seen recently that I think are going to be BIG for this season.

NAILS

   I am actually really excited about these nail polishes being released by Barry M because a) They're matte b) The autumnal colours are so pretty! They will be retailing at £3.99 and will be released on the 25th September in Superdrug and 2nd October in Boots, so get your money at the ready. My favourite colours out of these have to be the burgundy and black colours... Or the chocolate brown... Or all of them.


PALETTES

This month in the blogging world I came across a couple of beauties that I think I may just have to go out and buy when they're released. 
1. Sleek Respect Palette - £7.99
   I actually saw this palette on Pixiwoo's YouTube channel, when she did a video here about her autumn make up favourites. I particularly love the burgundy red in this palette, and I think it would look great with a smokey eye. I think it only came out recently with another palette Sleek have brought out, but I can't find this in stock anywhere! Unless I'm just not looking hard enough...

2. Barry M Natural Glow Palette - £6.49
   Now most people will know Barry M for their nails, but on the 25th Septemeber they will be releasing three eye shadow palettes at Superdrug. I favoured for this one because of it's natural colours, but they also have one called 'Smokin hot' and 'Glamour Puss.' I found a review about them here, from a great blogger called Ashly.



MAKE UP

1. Bourjois Happy Light Foundation
   I think this foundation has been brought back by Bourjois with a couple of other products, as it was discontinued. From a few swatches I've seen online, it seems this foundation is relatively darker than the Healthy Mix, but on the Cosmopolitan website it says:

...this foundation already has a translucent pigment that leaves a dewy glow, subtle enough for everyday use. It's light formula leaves skin feeling soft but still gives a good, even coverage without completely masking your features, meaning it's probably not great if you have particularly bad skin, but will highlight your features perfectly if you you have a relatively clear base. It's also worth noting that compared to some of it's more expensive rivals this is fantastic value for money, which also counts for a lot.

2. Sleek True Colour Lipstick (Smoulder) - £4.99
   For autumn I love the darker lipsticks again, after being bright and bold for summer. Apart from the usual red lippy, I really want to try this slightly plum toned lipstick from Sleek. I've never tried their lip products but this colour looks so lovely. Obviously for an everyday look you would only want natural eyes to go with such a dark colour, although this could be easily incorporated into a dramatic make up look too.

3. Revlon Lash Potion Mascara - £7.99 Superdrug
   Out of all of the products I'm showing, this is the only one I actually own, so I can have my own opinion on it. I've only used this a couple of times, but each time it hasn't flaked on me, and it does gives my lashes the length it needs.I don't find the volume to be amazingly brilliant, but it does give some volume for me.



BODY

All of the following products are from the Body Shop because it's probably my favourite place for all things body care.

1. Blueberry Body Butter - £13
   This is just something I personally want to try, but I love these body butters, and they have so many nice scents. My favourite is, of course, the strawberry scent but you would know that already if you've been reading my blog. I find that they're super moisturising and the smell stays on your skin too. They also have mini-sized tubs that are less expensive if you just want a tester.
2. Chocomania Body Scrub - £8.75
   Ok, this will be short and sweet (badly placed pun) but this stuff smells absolutely amazing! If you love sweet smelling things, then you have to try this. I actually need a new scrub too, so I may be purchasing this tomorrow, unless another one catches my eye; which is most likely to happen.
3. Coconut Beautifying Oil - £9
   I've seen this product a lot recently over different blogs and Youtube videos, but this is supposed to be a really good product. This oil can be used to soften your face and body, and can even be used with your hair to make it soft and silky. If you've tried this product out, then let me know what you think?


   Well that's it for me this week! Next weekend I'll be posting all about this years A/W13 fashion, and my few picks of items I need in my wardrobe when I get the chance, or when I have the money anyway. Thank you for reading like always, and I'll see you soon, bye bye...

♡♡♡

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I love the Body Shop butters! My favourite is Strawberry too but blueberry smells amazing! I love the body mist too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I know they smell too good! I may have to buy the blueberry one then, and probably some body mist... My list gets too long sometimes ha :)

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  2. I know! If only I could buy everything! I'm planning to put everything on my Christmas list! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! I tried to find the blueberry body butter today but I couldn't see it, so I got the show gel instead, it smells just as good :)

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  3. I saw your pic on instagram and aww :( I want the lemon body scrub, it sounds so fresh and zingy!

    Reta (Sorry for spamming your posts!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds good, I love lemon-y smelling things! I saw a mango scrub too which smelt quite fresh, I was so tempted haha but I think my friends were waiting for me to finish... oops

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  4. Me too! Literally I have everything lemon, from face wipes to air freshener! I think I've seen the mango scrub before but I really wish they had a blueberry gift set with all the body polish, shower gel, body butter etc. like they have for strawberry for £25!


    Have you got twitter? :)

    Reta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have great taste! I love anything lemon, from beauty products to food haha :) I know they have a few gift sets, but none for the lemon range which is annoying... And yeah, my twitter name is @mynameis__meg I'll accept you, the link is on my blog as well at the top with the rest of my social media

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  5. Hey there, loved your blog, just followed you on GFC,(17) would you mind to follow back?

    mandyshareslife.blogspot.com

    MandySharesLife FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the follow! I'll be sure to follow back

      Meg ♡

      Delete
  6. nice selection!

    You have a wonderful blog.
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC, bloglovin? It would be great just let me know :)

    Kisses,
    Maria
    http://retrostreetstation.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have followed you on GFC

      Meg ♡

      Delete

Follow

CONTACT FORM